Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

9 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

Komodo Dragon

You know, up close Komodo Dragons do look like puppy dogs. Ugly puppy dogs, but they have those same big brown eyes. Hell, I think they're cuter than Bull Terriers.

16 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

Oh, I remember seeing this a while ago. It's some kind of remote weapon turret using something like a STG44.

I had never seen that before. When I saw the picture I was wondering where the hell they got an STG-44 from. Turns out some anti-Assad Syrian rebels found a cache of 5,000 buried German STG-44's in 2016. And apparently in mint condition. Worth about $30,000 a piece. It's an amazing little story; I've always wanted an STG-44, but the price on them is far far beyond anything I would ever pay.

So in a way I feel bad for them, because they found 5,000 rifles, but I highly doubt 8mm Kurz is a common cartridge that you can find in Syria these days, or anywhere else. But, if they were able to find a way to sell them to collectors, well that's a pretty penny. 

Still, an amazing picture. He's playing (well, "play" isn't the right word) with a $30,000 rifle and he probably has no idea.

ROFL, I won't complain about lousy 8 GB USB sticks anymore...

Quote: "Check out IBM's 305 RAMAC (Random Access Method of Accounting and Control) hard disk and those gripes about dragging around that USB thumb drive soon evaporate. This 1956 HDD was composed of 50 24-inch discs, stacked together and taking up 16 sq ft of real estate. The once-cutting-edge monstrosity was capable of commanding an annual fee of $35,000 and stored up to 5MB of data. Sure, by modern standards it's a pretty modest capacity, but the RAMAC still weighed in at just shy of a ton."

historic-12.jpg