• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

6 hours ago, deus-ex said:

Obey the rules!

eD9hC2u.jpg

Wish I would've gotten a picture of it. When I was doing electrical work a few years ago, my journeyman and I were working at a bank in Wyoming. Nothing like a nice hour and a half drive to start your day. And another hour and a half back in the evening. Anyway, once we crossed the border into Wyoming, there was nothing, just miles and miles of nothing, flat land. If you've ever been to Eastern Wyoming, you'll know. But there was an oven sitting out in the middle of a field with it's door open and a sign in front of it. I was puzzled, day after day, I read the sign, and nothing clicked. The journeyman saw it too, didn't make sense to him. Then one day we were passing it in the morning and I thought about the sign for a second. It said "Open Range". And I started laughing my ass off, he asked me what was so funny. "You know that oven sitting in the field back there?" "Yeah, what about it?" "The sign says open range." "Yeah?" And I repeated more slowly "Open... range." And he started laughing his ass off as well.

Such a jackass thing to do. It sounds like something I would do if I had the time and the boredom. I still get a kick out of it though. Maybe it didn't click right away because I was getting up at a quarter to five so I could be to work at six, and then working a ten hour day, at least. Some days were 12 to 14 hours, with a three hour round-trip commute. The job sucked, but I still laugh when I think about that oven sitting out in the middle of a field.