Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

On 9/9/2022 at 11:24 PM, heliumlamb said:

M23mHNY.jpg

Smokin's bad for his health! reminds me of those anti smoke campaigns from the 80's and 90's where they feature anthro characters smoking cigarettes.

Once I tried to get someone from Illinois to decipher which American cryptid was the one drawn in my profile picture (Jersey Devil), and I actually wasn't sure how hard it would be for him to pinpoint just which cryptid it was exactly because other than Bigfoot and Chupacabra I didn't know the US had so much regional cryptids:

18605516.png.0fe3cb9aa8b641801e8f5467dc6c2c89.png

8 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

#27: also number twenty-seven on the list of reasons why the Pope has never visited Kentucky.

I'm really sad that my state doesn't have a monster. I mean, we had plenty of sharks when it was an in-land sea sixty million years ago, but I thought we'd have something since then. I guess we have mountain lions, irritable bison, and rabid coyotes, but we could use a decent Jersey Devil type monster. 

Anyway, the "What are you listening to" thread reminded me of this picture that I made while listening to Preach / Pervert off of KMFDM's album Attak:

EcMLt8T.jpg

I actually got it into an art show my senior year of high school. The reactions were less than favorable. Most of the people who looked at it were relatively religious, and middle aged, and conservative. My Dad and my Step-Mom loved it. My art teacher got some complaints, but she thought it should be on display. I was steadfast that it should be labeled as "Preach / Pervert", and she agreed. I still love that woman :)

On 9/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, Daytime Waitress said:

#27: also number twenty-seven on the list of reasons why the Pope has never visited Kentucky.

Hah. I once met this conspiracy buff whom I told about this friend from the Doom community I had (44DemonSlayer) who lived in New Jersey and told me that he saw the Jersey Devil a couple times. Then this guy said to me "Yeah, its such a popular experience there, I suspect something very unusual is at work. Like a portal or a thin veil to another dimension" and later told me that most of the cryptids on that image I posted earlier came either through portals or were failed laboratory experiments by some shady organizations. I mean I'm not that sold on the Jersey Devil myself, I'm more like "I don't know, maybe some weird stuff is out there, I guess its possible", but some people do genuinely believe they exist and shy away from the places they are said to inhabit.

Ok Facebook, how does share music you love get symbolised by a random bewildered shirtless dude checking his pants for reasons I likely do not want to know?

Screenshot_20220920-180721_Facebook.jpg

I find the Japanese cover art for this game to be better than the other ones:

500x_heavyrain.jpg.e72c8e0b8ca2e3a8513ed40997bad8c5.jpg

Something I always found interesting is how Phil Hartman used to design album covers in his early career, like this one:

Legend_cover.jpg.043aaa508175be9c6eb71175c6ee4e58.jpg

I think he had style.

1 hour ago, MrFroz said:

Something I always found interesting is how Phil Hartman used to design album covers in his early career, like this one:

I think he had style.

Yeah that's pretty neat. Minimalist but still very effective.

2p368ywiqh971.jpg

Looking at these bootleg toys makes you think that the bootleggers just took a bunch of low-quality JPEG images of the actual genuine Star Wars action figures off the internet and used them to create their own molds.

Edited by Wadmodder Shalton

I was just scrolling through some images from an old Gmail account, and I found this from 2012:

buildersetup.PNG.845ef4a1969ff91a6f932abe2dcf9188.PNG

I was using a custom theme for Windows XP, but don't remember the name of it. I had only 512 MB of RAM in that computer and an onboard graphics, yet in spite of the limited hardware I played so many great stuff in it, like Planescape: Torment, American McGee's Alice, No One Lives Forever, Grim Fandango (which I had some trouble getting to run even on XP), etc..

5 minutes ago, MrFroz said:

I was using a custom theme for Windows XP, but don't remember the name of it.

The theme looks very familiar! Granted I don't think I ever used it, and I was born 2 years after Windows XP was lol.

But I do remember seeing something like that. Or maybe it was something else.

It vaguely looks like Zune: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/sweet-black-theme-for-windows-xp/

And also like this untitled-ish dark theme from the Internet Archive: https://archive.org/details/windows-xp-dark-2