Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ajora

Random Image Thread

9 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

Komodo Dragon

You know, up close Komodo Dragons do look like puppy dogs. Ugly puppy dogs, but they have those same big brown eyes. Hell, I think they're cuter than Bull Terriers.

15 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

SjydSRG.jpg

Oh, I remember seeing this a while ago. It's some kind of remote weapon turret using something like a STG44.

16 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

Oh, I remember seeing this a while ago. It's some kind of remote weapon turret using something like a STG44.

I had never seen that before. When I saw the picture I was wondering where the hell they got an STG-44 from. Turns out some anti-Assad Syrian rebels found a cache of 5,000 buried German STG-44's in 2016. And apparently in mint condition. Worth about $30,000 a piece. It's an amazing little story; I've always wanted an STG-44, but the price on them is far far beyond anything I would ever pay.

So in a way I feel bad for them, because they found 5,000 rifles, but I highly doubt 8mm Kurz is a common cartridge that you can find in Syria these days, or anywhere else. But, if they were able to find a way to sell them to collectors, well that's a pretty penny. 

Still, an amazing picture. He's playing (well, "play" isn't the right word) with a $30,000 rifle and he probably has no idea.