Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

XGIwYPb.jpg

3loZIrH.jpg

White Sands National Park, 11 days ago. No, it's not snow. Very sunburny though.

@Grazza: Spectacular pictures of White Sands N.P.

You probably already know this, but the sand there is not made of silica but gypsum.

[Nearby is the charming town of Ruidoso, nestled in the Sierra Blanca range.]

I've been through Ruidoso once, but find the route through Cloudcroft more compelling, partly because it is less developed, and also because the total change of scenery occurs so quickly - less than 20 minutes from desert to alpine/pastureland. And then a little later when you get to Artesia, it feels like you're in Texas oil country (though on my latest journey through that part of the state, the wind had picked up and it felt more like the dustbowl). NM is a funny old mix.

qZpQeGR.jpg

More New Mexico photos here.

Edited by Grazza

On 3/22/2021 at 6:12 AM, Swordofdanu said:

PICTURES FROM DELOMELANICON

good movie. And I think the book was even better

3 minutes ago, jupiter_ex said:

good movie. And I think the book was even better

I've watched it at least 6 times and I'm still finding new stuff, just finished the script which had a few changes that were interesting. I need to keep an eye out for the book, good to know you enjoyed it more. 

3 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

I've watched it at least 6 times and I'm still finding new stuff, just finished the script which had a few changes that were interesting. I need to keep an eye out for the book, good to know you enjoyed it more. 

the book from Perez Reverte has a parallel plot about Alexandre Dumas and his Musketeers, it's not occult or satan-related but it's very well intertwined with the occult plot and part of Corso's (Lucas Corso in the book) task is to de-entangle both. Polanski entirely removed that half and kept the movie only focused on the diabolic. Beyond that, the ending is still the same if IIRC, Borja's fate is probably worse, names, characters and locations are all preserved; TNG it's not one of those movies that change many things and slaughter the book.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:47 AM, Rince-wind said:

ucOmXs6.jpg

On clear days I can see Brussels from my bedroom window. It only looks marginally less depressing IRL.

SFYY7TO.jpg

No, I didn't take this one myself. But it was lying around on my hard disk from when I was planning a trip that included seeing one of these beasts.