Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zanieon

[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

QovPu7Kl.jpg

Welcome to The Temple Of The Portals, prepare to fight hordes of giant monstrosities of hell for the control of the multiverse, Hunter's Moon is a mod for Zandronum and GZDoom that consists in bring the single-player/cooperative campaign that Quake III Arena never had, the story continues a very, very long time after the Vadrigars and the Eternal Arenas taking the warriors out of the arenas' endless battles to fight for the control of what have locked them there. The Temple Of The Portals is the place where everything connects, it is the universe between the universes, it is a source of unlimited and unimaginable power that even gods wants control it.

Characters:

Spoiler

You can play with each character that Quake III Arena have, this includes the additional characters from the Team Arena Expansion and even an extra character from Unreal Tournament 3 as well Doomslayer from DOOM (2016), currently theres a total of 29 playable characters:
- Sarge
- Doom
- Crash
- Grunt
- Ranger
- Visor
- Bitterman
- Major
- Razor
- Xaero
- Hunter
- Mynx
- Lucy
- Hossman
- Keel
- Anarki
- Slash
- Bones
- Orbb
- Fritzkrieg
- PI
- Megan
- Morgan
- Doomslayer
- Klesk
- Uriel
- TankJr
- Sorlag
- Tyzen

Weapons:

Spoiler

The weaponry of Hunter's Moon goes beyond the regular found in Quake III Arena, mostly to gives more options on how to kill enemies and provide better damage on them:
    Machine Gun (Quake III Arena)
    Heavy Machine Gun (Quake Live)
    Shotgun (Quake III Arena)
    Cynetik Striker Cannon (New from scratch, model is originally Vorus Plasma Arc from Alien Rage)
    Grenade Launcher (Quake III Arena)
    Rocket Launcher (Quake III Arena)
    Lightning Gun (Quake III Arena)
    Trakion Cannon (New from scratch, model is originally Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament 3)
    Railgun (Quake III Arena)
    Plasma Gun (Quake III Arena)
    BFG10k (Quake III Arena)
    Dark Matter Gun (Quake 4)
    Chaingun (Quake III Team Arena)
    Nailgun (Quake III Team Arena)

Changelog V3.6.1:

Spoiler

Major Changes:

+Reworked Sorlag completely to update her model and sounds to her Quake Champions version, she now have a special action of biting enemies making them drop even more health if it kills, she is also the only Tank-role character to have less damage resistance due to her ability of healing
+Reworked Orbital Elemental Deconstruction Beacon completely
+Improved Hossman's ability to also apply projectile multiplication with spread based on weapon power level and functionality (Gauntlet, Lightning Gun and Railgun are unaffected)
+Replaced more dead corpses of the monsters with mod ones instead of the vanilla sprites
+Changed Battle Recruit skill level to allow respawning
+Changed Vadrigar Reincarnation skill level to spawn enemies meant for Cooperative mode, disabled cheats for it and allowed Major Health Spheres to spawn
+Health Vials and Armor Pieces now have the magnetic effect towards the player, similar to DOOM (2016) and Doom Eternal health and armor drops
+Flashlight is now a proper long spot light instead of a segment of point lights

Bugfixes and Minor Changes:

*Added a wind sound for vertical movement for better immersion
*Added a Sprint state to Uriel's Trauma form for better mobility similar to Tyzen's
*Vehicles now have different behavior when interacting with swimmable water based on their physical traits (i.e GEV Tank will hover over it)
*Extended the message hint of abilities to warn the player when the character's ability is passive and that they can't be used while inside a vehicle
*Changed the behavior of blood and gore when interacting with swimmable water
*Changed the behavior of Grenades when interacting with swimmable water
*Changed the behavior of Rocket trails when interacting with swimmable water
*Fixed Anarki's ability damaging himself and possibly nearby allies
*Fixed Lightning Gun's beam not passing through allies
*Fixed Visor's Gravity Hammer being attempted to be targeted by friendly AI
*Fixed Uriel not being able to transform into his Trauma form whenever a script or powerup applies temporary invulnerability
*Fixed Morgan's Dakka not being applied to Chaingun and Lightning Gun
*Fixed GEV Walker blinking invisible briefly after releasing barrels
*Fixed Major's passive stop working after exiting a GEV Walker
*Fixed Grunt and Keel's abilities stop recieving charges after exiting a GEV Walker
*Fixed mech vehicles not playing their walking animations inside swimmable water
*Fixed Tyzen's not returning to regular run after firing a weapon or crouching when in sprint state
*Fixed a weird frame in Tyzen's swimming animation
*Improved Tyzen's sprint animation
*Improved Lightning Gun's Ultimate Core Beam effect to the same used by the weapon itself
*Optimized Uriel's Trauma form model

Stuff reduced/removed:

-Reduced the amount of ammo pickup of Railgun from 10 to 5 and ammo capacity from 100~200 to 40~80
-All ammo dropped from enemies will vanish after 20 seconds and have changed visual to their sprites form
-Reduced the chances of Astral Rages spawning between regular zombies from 1/30 to 1/50
-Reduced Morgan's ability pool from Medium to Small (20 kills to 10 kills required to refill ability)
-Removed some duplicated lumps

Map Pack Trailer:

Screenshots:

Spoiler

FnBC3xa.jpg

w2ruerh.jpg

ZWTRSnb.jpg

acAtQaV.jpg

Downloads:
Download V3.6.1

Download Map Pack V0.4

Note: Load this file after the main mod to prevent GZDoom throwing errors around.

Download Editor Resource R11 Last Updated: December-25.
If you want create maps for Hunter's Moon or want adapt already existing Doom maps for personal use, load this into GZDoom Builder as a additional resource file, it contains the correct monster and weapon replacements to fix the issue with weapons differing from the ammo near them, also the tall monsters stucking on ceiling if the room's height isn't enough for them.

Add-ons:

PBR - Add-on V1.3

-Simple add-on for GZDoom which adds back the natural shading of many models to makes them look better nearby dynamic lights.

Mod's Discord Server for those who wants to talk not only about the mod, but Quake and Doom overall.

Edited by Zanieon : Update of 3.6.1 and addons

2 hours ago, mypetrobot said:

"This file is currently set to private." on the GZDoom Version download link

It certainly is....

2 hours ago, mypetrobot said:

"This file is currently set to private." on the GZDoom Version download link

Just now, grouchbag said:

It certainly is....

MediaFire fails me again in not enabling download links if i do not allow them TWICE for no reason, fixed.

Version 2.9.3 has been released! Six additional characters have abilities, changelog and download in first post, enjoy!

Edited by Zanieon : removing broken link

Bump! I know the mod didn't get too much attention here but here i come with the full package this time.

Hope y'all enjoy it!

On 5/1/2020 at 7:15 PM, Zanieon said:

Bump! I know the mod didn't get too much attention here but here i come with the full package this time.

Woah! This looks cool. Do you mean all the maps/features you planned for this are available now? Like a sort of beta release? 

Basically that, there's still a ton of stuff i'm planning to include, but it's been 5 years since the last time the Map Pack released and it released poorly at that time, flawed level design to the max and lack of information given to the player (Directions/What to do).

So after that moderate-to-bad reception of the previous Map Pack i decided to scrap the two maps which was being stupid and replaced them with new ones that are actually better versions of their former selves, the others are basically very new. Except Rarlocan Main Base which existed in the old Map Pack, but being the third map in the play list many people didn't play it, and it also recieved a couple reworks in this new version.

Nice! Downloading now. I recently tried Hunters Moon, really like the concept. Though the maps I played were a bit bland, but you can see the idea. Looking forward to the new maps.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:15 PM, Zanieon said:

Hope y'all enjoy it!

And it sucks that it didn't get the attention it deserves here. This stuff is easily as eponymous as Eviternity. I guess the whole mimicking the Q3 Engine in GZDoom and making a single player campaign of Q3 didn't pay out.

It looks divine though. One of the few GZDoom projects i would point to if someone would ask are projects that highlight it well.

Thanks for the words! And i really don't know what happened to this major version release of the mod, it is going pretty low activity not only in here, but also in all other places i divulgated it such as ZDoom forums and ModDB. Well even if you open the trailer video in Youtube you can see it has very few comments and views, which in comparison to the 2015 release of the map pack this is like 1/4th of the attention it got previously (2015 trailer when it was on Youtube it had around 2k views in the first week).

Just posting because this mod deserves more love, I’ve had so much fun with it!

Good to see that this one is still being worked on! I played an older version of this a while back, which looked great and while yes the maps weren't too great at telling the player where to go next, I had fun fighting the enemies.

Thing is, in this latest version I can't seem to find any playable maps? I downloaded the two files and loaded them in the right order in GZDoom, but all I got was the hub level. The hub has three portals that I can find, the one on the left takes me to the Doom 2 campaign, and the one on the right takes me to a "training ground" empty of enemies. Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, NoXion said:

The hub has three portals that I can find, the one on the left takes me to the Doom 2 campaign, and the one on the right takes me to a "training ground" empty of enemies. Am I missing something?

That portal have a computer terminal by the staircase (right in front of Crash's Statue), if you use it you can switch between the avaliable maps.

I somehow missed that computer terminal as well and ended up loading the maps through console... maybe it's visually not clear enough?

I think Hunters Moon is impressive, the weapon and monsters variety is great. So far I played the first map (planet...Toluca?) and a little bit of the second one. There are parts I really like and others that IMO don't work so well. For example that ass-hard death laser jumping section in the first map... Often combat feels like unfocussed slaughter and gets a bit tedious.

Then there is grande architecture that connects with Quake 3 Arenas style quite well and a sense of epic proportions I really like.

1 hour ago, Tetzlaff said:

I somehow missed that computer terminal as well and ended up loading the maps through console... maybe it's visually not clear enough?

I think Hunters Moon is impressive, the weapon and monsters variety is great. So far I played the first map (planet...Toluca?) and a little bit of the second one. There are parts I really like and others that IMO don't work so well. For example that ass-hard death laser jumping section in the first map... Often combat feels like unfocussed slaughter and gets a bit tedious.

Then there is grande architecture that connects with Quake 3 Arenas style quite well and a sense of epic proportions I really like.

The hub map is quite old and i need to remake it eventually, not even because such visual confusion, but mostly because i feel nowdays it could be better with a 3D skybox alongside these other newer maps instead of the blocky mountains that doesn't give the feeling of open world that well.

That terminal is one of the many new elements the player has to assimilate which is brand new from the mod being a Total Conversion, i don't think i can do anything to highlight it more besides exposing even more the switches, so the player knows it is interactable.

And yeah i'm starting the Map Pack through the dungeons maps exactly to know what people are liking from the ideas i'm having for combat, exploration and architecture before coming with the story maps so everyone can enjoy the stuff that better fit their taste. In the next update for the Map Pack, Rarlocan Main Base (this map with the lasers you mentioned) is going to be partially reworked to better fit the "Medium" difficulty labeled by the hub, i'm going to patternize these difficulties so the player can know when the map is more slaughter for who got used to the gameplay mechanics or more atmospheric for those who are yet to get used to them, or simply just want a chill experience.

So with Map Pack having a better development pacing now, i decided that i will record gameplay videos of all the current existing maps, not only to show how the maps plays in coop, but also to guide people around, the first one was Glimpse of Dimensions a year ago just as a showcase when the current Map Pack was brand new, but now those will be more sequential (prolly one per week or month, i dunno), so here's the next one, Path to Oblivion: