Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

New name without "Doom" in it?

6 minutes ago, Voros said:

M∞b∞ts

Boots made from cow skin? Or boots a cow wears? Or just boots that randomly go "moo?"

SCNR

16 minutes ago, luckypunk said:

Boots made from cow skin? Or boots a cow wears? Or just boots that randomly go "moo?"

SCNR

Damned typos ruining everything I write.

21 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Remember how Duke Nukem Forever took forever to make (and then wasn't even that great)?

I'm starting to think that the infinity sign was a mistake.

I see what you did there.

12 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

Mike Strikem
Matt Splattem
Jay Slayem
...?

All these obviously seem more apropos to a Duke3D clone, but as far as serious suggestions go those are some of the better ones I've seen come up.

My concern is that Freedoom can be and is used commercially. What if someone were to release and charge for a smartphone app titled "Freedoom"? Would Zenimax take issue with it? I have no idea, but I do think it's a subject worth more than three pages of jokes.

There have been at least two commercial Freedoom apps for iOS. One was entitled "Hell on Earth", and the other, "Doomsday: Hellraiser". As the more astute and observant readers may have noticed, the iTunes pages for both are still up. They've been around for 6-7 years now.

Are you worrying about that as an escaping mechanism in order to avoid thinking about much more worrying things?