Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

ZanDom: UT Domination in Doom (v7)

Hello, pals and gals, today I have a special thing to show. I ported Domination, one of Unreal Tournament's game modes, to Zandronum! (since it does not support bots, it is probably not for ZDoom...)

So, explaining like a normal person: This is a gametype for Zandronum, where your goal is to score lots of points, by the methods described in the rules below, until the first (and winner) team hits a score limit. That, and your team (and whether ZanDom is activated, for serverside), is defined in ZanDom options, in the main Options menu.

The rules are the following:

• When the map starts, there are three control points, glowing floating "X" thingies.
  • If you touch one, it gets assigned to your team, until someone else, of another team, touches it, and so on.
  • Make sure to capture enough to win the match; racking up score up to a goal before any other team does!

There is an example/template DOM01 map, that I might someday make into a full-fledged map; it for now serves as a tip as to what a Dom map is.

Unlike in Unreal Tournament, that used team symbols to show what team a control point is assigned to, heeeere [sic] they are R for Red, B for Blue, G for Green and Y for Yellow.

It does not support bots (ACS does not support setting a player's internal team, I think, which is what makes bot behave team friendly when the `teamgame` CVAR is 1.), so why don't you call your friends to see floating letters? :)

Good luck, soldier.

Are the caps instant? Or does it take time to capture a control point? Id like to see a more TF2 style approach to control point based maps, with a game timer and a timed capture of a point. (Like the more teammates on the point the faster it caps.) But that may be just me. ;)

Cool release though, I may jump on a server that will be hosting this from doomseeker sometime in the near future.

zandronum's built in domination gamemode already works like unreal tournament's. the only thing is it displays points via sector fog rather than an actor. there are a couple domination map packs (i even made one wow)

dusk was working on a frag based domination most likely to replace the above entirely but it didn't get implemented in 3.0.

now if you port double domination (like zdaemon) or X-domination... then that is news.

Gustavo, didn't you make a map in that dom pack bob mentioned?

Author:

Combinebobnt, Argentum, Dranzer, [IFOC]75, Razgriz/Strangle, Gustavo6046

??

On 08/10/2017 at 0:15 PM, Fonze said:

didn't

Yeah, I did the bare bones, but I could almost not do in time. But I managed to send the map and a proof video on YouTube. Bob did the rest