Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFish

VB a PHPBB2 Spawn?

Recommended Posts

Along my search for a better free forum software, i noticed that phpbb2 is Uber-Familiar with VBulletin.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=38238


Look Familiar?
I also saw the "BB Code" Term, which is "VB Code" in VBulletin. Is VBulletin a spawn of PhpBB?

ADD: Speaking of VB, there is a new 2.2.7 version.

Share this post


Link to post
bigbadgangsta said:

Wtf they look nothing alike.

Depends how you set it up.

If you have the souce code like from phpbb or Yabb you can do anything you want. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Phoenix said:

If you have the souce code like from phpbb or Yabb you can do anything you want. :D

Uh, you need the source code the run them... Anyways, all forums look somewhat familiar, because it's the best structure for a forum. Also, vBulletin is older than phpBB2 (dunno about phpBB though).

Share this post


Link to post
boris said:

Uh, you need the source code the run them... Anyways, all forums look somewhat familiar, because it's the best structure for a forum. Also, vBulletin is older than phpBB2 (dunno about phpBB though).

LOL another English perfectionist.

If ya gotsa da sorcy cody yo can do anyding ya want wid it, yes, even run dad sucker! And ya get da sorcy cody when ya get da program.

Share this post


Link to post
Phoenix said:

LOL another English perfectionist.

What are you talking about? He wasnt insulting your english. PHP is an interpreted/dynamically compiled language. You cant run these without the source code.

Share this post


Link to post
RailGunner said:

I also saw the "BB Code" Term, which is "VB Code" in VBulletin. Is VBulletin a spawn of PhpBB?


VBulletin came first.

What would be the point in charging for something that a free version that is very similar already exists? Believe me, I've been interested in Forum stuffage for years, VBulletin came first.

Share this post


Link to post
ZarcyB said:

What would be the point in charging for something that a free version that is very similar already exists?

/me looks at 90% of Windows software

Dunno.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×