Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erik

1337.wad

whats happened to /newstuff (the DW weekly feature)? I used to look forward to this every weekend but now it only makes an apperance every so often. Shame, from my perspective it was the best thing on DW :(

Cool. I had been looking at in-span's newstuff (nothing new) and at incoming (empty) earlier today and I was like "WTF, no one uploaded anything... and when is 2002ado final coming? Then when I saw this thread I thought (and almost posted) "what is Erik smoking?" But heh.

That mood thingie seems neat... I'll wait a bit and see if in-span updates, the main server is a bitch for downloads (I could barely get it to show me a TXT), and it'll get worse as people become aware it's got new stuff.

myk: It looks like they didn't use your deh - a shame. I wonder if they fixed the gameplay issues I raised...
Yes, I was #200 out of 200 users for quite a while. Sounds like you were #201 :)

Russell: Liam has had computer problems, and newstuff wasn't updated for a while in any case.

Ty has nothing to do with running that FTP, he only maintains the Doom section of it. Whinge to 3dgamers if you want the user limit increased, but my guess is that they'll probably tell you where to go (bandwidth costs money after all...)

GooberMan, I think he does. This is not cdrom.com we're talking about now. It's pretty much in Ty and Paul's hands; at least they have much more control over the main server, that is (not the mirrors.) But I'm sure the limit is low because that is necessary (due to limited bandwidth.) It's being flooded now. Too bad in-span/planetmirror/etc. don't update faster.

Grazza: Indeed, that is not the edited patch. I'll upload it to the Archive separately (can't let people suffer those errors without an option, particularly since the WAD is so good, and I already did the fixes anyway.) If people want it now I can make a link for it on my site.

Liam's having computer problems or something so he's not around to do /newstuff. That's why it hasn't been updated the past couple weeks.

Captain Obvious, away!

myk said:

Grazza: Indeed, that is not the edited patch. I'll upload it to the Archive separately (can't let people suffer those errors without an option, particularly since the WAD is so good, and I already did the fixes anyway.) If people want it now I can make a link for it on my site.

I'm not desperate for it, but I'll download it when you make it available. The gameplay issues I mentioned have not been addressed: the RL in E2M2 can still be grabbed through the bars, and you still only need the red key to exit E3M5. So be it: I can now use these tricks with a clear conscience. Maybe they left them in deliberately.

I'm looking forward to seeing some "compet-n style" demos on 1337.wad. My favourite maps so far are Map 08 (aesthetics) and Map 21 (gameplay).

Odd... buth SUNET and PlanetMirror have updated, but in-span hasn't.

Epyo said:

i like the part where you go through the same level 3 times! =D

4 times!! It's all explained in the story though.

Don't miss the cool smiley in MAP30. I'm gonna start using that.