Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Demo Megawad "Hell Destroyer" - Need Feedback

I have played a few maps and I can say that the wad has potential to be fun to play in coop/survival on ZDaemon with possibly many players joining.

On that note, can you add a teleport to the first room of map04 so players don't get stuck at start once the door are closed?

(It's actually also possible to get stuck there in singleplayer if you back up while the door is closing.)

7 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

I have played a few maps and I can say that the wad has potential to be fun to play in coop/survival on ZDaemon with possibly many players joining.

On that note, can you add a teleport to the first room of map04 so players don't get stuck at start once the door are closed?

(It's actually also possible to get stuck there in singleplayer if you back up while the door is closing.)

Thank you, I will check it soon. At moment I didnt created any new map since 5 mounth.

Or you can use this music pack. It'll make the wad more entertaining.

I think, my music is interesting too, or it could be better? :)

7 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Here's a list of levels that I've done from your wad so far. Most of them are uploaded from my TBrown0065 channel, which contain funny noises in them.

Didnt see this. You have open second youtube Chanel? :))) I want see level 4,5 and more but please with my music :))

Want check, if these levels are ok with UV. You know, I like add on map more action and they can be difficult...

55 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Didnt see this. You have open second youtube Chanel? :))) I want see level 4,5 and more but please with my music :))

I'm pretty sure that Bieremans (who now erased his channel) showed you my WEHWEHWEH video which was uploaded from the second channel.

I tested level 8 and the sectors with red circles are broken (the teleporter would not open and the door would not open from the outside). Did you remember to tag the sectors?

Broken Map.png

Oh yes, it should be tag 43 to open this teleport. A door should tag 48 on both side.

i saw level 4, very good done :) But music... If you did level 5,6,7,8 and I will make new map (10,18 etc)

Honestly, the words "hell", "death", "uac" e.t.c. in wad names are cliche nowadays. Get more original and interesting title.

3 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Honestly, the words "hell", "death", "uac" e.t.c. in wad names are cliche nowadays. Get more original and interesting title.

Ok thank for recomendation. I can change name of WAD , but it will on last part:) 

I tested level 8 and the sectors with red circles are broken (the teleporter would not open and the door would not open from the outside). Did you remember to tag the sectors?

Didnt see that you have passed map 1-7 with normal music!! Good done!!

I had fixed and you can download it on first page 

6 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Who knows how to beat level 12? I feel like it is nearly impossible to beat.

Hmm... if you tried 5-10 times you can try next map. I will check map 12 again and add something for better playing.

5 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Hmm... if you tried 5-10 times you can try next map. I will check map 12 again and add something for better playing.

I've tried more than that. I had a hard time getting through the beginning because all I got was a pistol and I got enemies blocking me (at least in Boom) because of infinite heights. I'm sure there are some other problems too. For example, the teleport destination for the player for where it is currently located can be an issue when dealing with the fight between the teleporting cyberdemon and hell knights. I'd recommend moving the teleport destination behind the spawning hell knights so that the player would not get stuck in the fight. Another issue is that there may not be enough ammunition to kill all of the hell knights and the flying enemies or there may be too many flying enemies occupying the space if you combine the unleashed enemies with the spawning ones (indicated in the red circles below). 

Hell Destroyer Level 12.png

I had fixed a lot (better light effect, fixed textures, better gameplay, better action, more ammos) and tested. Now level is passable without save and load :)

(fixed WAD to download on first page)

I've tried more than that. I had a hard time getting through the beginning because all I got was a pistol and I got enemies blocking me (at least in Boom) because of infinite heights.

I placed hard moment at beginning. Is possible :)

I did map 1-17, 20-21, 25, 31-32. Map 18,19,24 is on working. I need map 22,23,26,27,28,29,30.

A question, have someone interest join in my project and create challenge map? 

I played the first 4 maps, and I'm really enjoying it. I'll play some more, and might be interested in making a map or 2 in this style. I'll keep it in mind!

1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

I played the first 4 maps, and I'm really enjoying it. I'll play some more, and might be interested in making a map or 2 in this style. I'll keep it in mind!

Thank you :) You can do minimalistic or bit more detail map. My Megawad based on challenge style (half slaughterfest half walk) and I try mapping balance beetwen passable without save and load and interesting action. Is not easy to do.

While testing If you find something, you can tell me. Maps 12,13,14,15,16,17 arent tested. Map 20,25,32 is too hard and I try reduce difficulty. Basically the maps can make better for adding more details for better looking