Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Greeced

Some retarded bureaucrat decided that gambling (about money) and gaming (on your cell phone or Game Boy) is the same thing.

By the way, I read somewhere that it's just a ban on playing games in public. Maybe that source was wrong.

Fredrik said:

By the way, I read somewhere that it's just a ban on playing games in public. Maybe that source was wrong.

According to following story, the ban includes playing in private too:
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-956357.html
It even suggests that anyone using a computer with the default set-up of Windows could be thrown in prison, due to the games like Hearts and Minesweeper that are included.

I'm due to go to Greece in a couple of weeks. Based on what I've seen so far, I won't be able to take a computer with me, which will be a hell of an inconvenience.

Woolie Wool said:

If the Greek government doesn't repeal this law, they will be destroyed. Count on it.

Of course; they are effectively outlawing technology. In the meantime though, I'm not too keen to be the victim of an overzealous Greek prosecutor or customs officer. Did you hear about the group of obviously harmless British eccentrics who went to Greece to spot planes, and were accused and tried for spying (and, IIRC, convicted but not imprisoned)?