Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raido

Doom logic

1. the shotgun is a sniper rifle without a scope

2. Who knew bodies were made from metal?

3.Who in the hell exposed the icon of sins brain?

4. i know, i know... you could not aim up and down cuz of id tech 1 i know... but this is still a logic!

5. ID software, we already have all of the weapons you can just leave ammunition here instead of the guns...

zandronum 2017-10-11 19-28-36-370.jpg

zandronum 2017-10-11 19-29-38-270.jpg

skulltag 2017-10-11 19-35-57-991.jpg

skulltag 2017-10-11 19-33-27-699.jpg

skulltag 2017-10-11 19-35-02-887.jpg

The third one is interesting. Why is Icon of Sin so vulnerable? And why is there a tall pillar conveniently placed right in front of it? I've never thought about this. Maybe it wants you to stop it?

The weapons are clearly for the pistol starters who play the map.
If I may add some more Doom logic,

6.Revenant fires both rocket launchers but only one rocket comes out

7.Cyber-demon fires his arm-mounted rocket launcher. Rockets fly at you from his crotch.

8.Cacodemon flies really high over your head but you still can't walk under him.

18 minutes ago, Memfis said:

The third one is interesting. Why is Icon of Sin so vulnerable? And why is there a tall pillar conveniently placed right in front of it? I've never thought about this. Maybe it wants you to stop it?

"Nobody understood him, so when in the bottom of the pits of despair, he ploted a plan to end his own life. There was only one being in existence capable of doing it, so he unleashed Hell on Earth and killed a certain rabbit..."

3 hours ago, Memfis said:

The pillar is used to welcome new people into Hell. You step on the pillar to get to the Icon of Sin's eye level, and then the Icon talks to you.

3 hours ago, Raido said:

It could just be a cenobite... a really big cenobite.

ea8cb00b-57e2-449b-9d2c-8a423e6f72e2.jpg

3 hours ago, Raido said:

I think the chaingun has more of a claim to this description than the shotgun.

1. How do these helmets work? "the first helmet looks like a doom 3 helmet of some sorts.. but doomguys helmet is 10x different then this one... his helmet looks like a motorcycle helmet.."

2. wild west looking double barrel shotguns never had a stock

3. if doom 2 takes place right after the events of doom 1 why do i not have all the guns that i got back in doom 1?

4. the super shotgun and regular shotgun look pretty old and used, wonder why they still work...

zandronum 2017-10-11 23-52-56-478.jpg

skulltag 2017-10-12 00-01-15-681.jpg

skulltag 2017-10-12 00-05-56-334.jpg

skulltag 2017-10-12 00-13-15-898.jpg

He picks up the spare helmets, hammers them into scrap metal, and uses the scrap metal to patch his own armor.

7 minutes ago, dugan said:

He picks up the spare helmets, hammers them into scrap metal, and uses the scrap metal to patch his own armor.

Hahaha! the next doom logic i'm gonna post is also gonna be about the armor

though doomguy is a "Space marine" not a "uac engineer" XD

5 hours ago, Raido said:

2. Who knew bodies were made from metal?

4. i know, i know... you could not aim up and down cuz of id tech 1 i know... but this is still a logic!

5. ID software, we already have all of the weapons you can just leave ammunition here instead of the guns...

1. That is true

2. Rotating metal that always faces you.

3. The Demons were doing open brain surgery at the time to remove the potentially fatal Romero virus.

4. I don't like looking up or down when my face is heavily bleeding

5. It's called playing with a pistol start.

1. How do these helmets work? "the first helmet looks like a doom 3 helmet of some sorts.. but doomguys helmet is 10x different then this one... his helmet looks like a motorcycle helmet.."

2. wild west looking double barrel shotguns never had a stock

3. if doom 2 takes place right after the events of doom 1 why do i not have all the guns that i got back in doom 1?

4. the super shotgun and regular shotgun look pretty old and used, wonder why they still work...

1. Demon magik?

2. Um, okay?

3. It doesn't

4. They were probably cleaned regularly and well maintained.

2 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

5. It's called playing with a pistol start.

I talked about all the players who already have all the guns.. like the Idkfa,idfa cheaters, or the regular players who got all the guns before map 30....

1 hour ago, Ichor said:

An idle chainsaw is too quiet for any monster to hear, even right in front of you, but punching air will alert everything in the area.

It's the thought that counts.

I've been to the future and I can confirm that all shotguns are sniper rifles. Your archaic Doom 3 style shotguns are primitive. The helmets are accurate too. You don't wear it you just tear it apart and solder it onto your existing helmet and armor. Doomguy runs 64 mph he can do these things fast and without looking.

I'm sorry you're too dumb to realize these things. :-)

1 hour ago, Raido said:

wild west looking double barrel shotguns never had a stock

What about this?

19fa3966b39163e88a7f66459d98d587--coach-

Or this?

724.jpg

1 hour ago, Raido said:

the super shotgun and regular shotgun look pretty old and used, wonder why they still work...

Shotguns work forever, especially if they are not semi-automatic.

The only logic I need in this game is that stuff dies when I'm around.

The only "logic" I will never agree with is that homing rev rockets can and will clip through the very rev that shot them. Or basically any projectile in classic Doom clips through its "source", but rev rockets make it easy to spot.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

13 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

The only "logic" I will never agree with is that homing rev rockets can and will clip through the very rev that shot them. Or basically any projectile in classic Doom clips through its "source", ut rev rockets make it easy to spot.

Wait... are you sure about this? I don't think so. You mean actually Revenant X's missile will go through Revenant X himself?

A radiation shielding suit can not only protect you from Toxic green liquids, BUT ALSO "LAVA"! Cuz why not? Pretty sturdy UAC equipments! 

5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I don't think so.

It's true. The exception is there to prevent projectiles from exploding inside the actor that spawned them. But with revenants it becomes a problem because you can lead the rocket back to its source, exposing a flaw in the game's logic.

6 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

It's true. The exception is there to prevent projectiles from exploding inside the actor that spawned them. But with revenants it becomes a problem because you can always lead the rocket back to its source, exposing a flaw in the game's logic.

Oh yeah, it's true after testing. Probably I've never particularly closely observed this thing. Nice to know, and thanks for the explanation.

@Nine Inch HeelsI used Map19 of 50 Monsters to prove that, nice to have new knowledge. Never mind... got outsped that you know you got outsped...

↓↓↓

9 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Wait... are you sure about this? I don't think so. You mean actually Revenant X's missile will go through Revenant X himself?

yes, I mean exactly that. You can make a test map with one rev and see for yourself.

EDIT: Nervermind... got outsped :/

Just now, GarrettChan said:

That's indeed true! I just checked it by spawning a revenant in a big open area, and the projectile passed through it while following me.