Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raido

Doom logic

No time to grab a ledge to save your life, gotta hold that shotgun/plasma rifle. Might be a Cacodemon on the way down somewhere. If it's a lava pit there's probably a teleport/elevator/rad suit around...

What have the hellspawn done with all the scaffold and tools anyway? There was some around before I know it. Same guys probably did the prank and welded the knees on Doomguy's armor, so he can't jump at all.

6 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

The only "logic" I will never agree with is that homing rev rockets can and will clip through the very rev that shot them. Or basically any projectile in classic Doom clips through its "source", but rev rockets make it easy to spot.

Welp, that explains that.

6 hours ago, A7MAD said:

Reloading a supershotgun with 0 ammo

That's Boom logic.

6 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Doomguy sucks at climbing, we all know that

It's just that you've never seen him climb a stair with really thin steps.

34 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

It's just that you've never seen him climb a stair with really thin steps.

I know that Doomguy can climb surfaces up to 24 units of height and not climb for 32 units...tell me that's strange for that :p

Only thing I know that people expect way too much from old game like Doom. I like how things are unrealistic as heck, as like how pain elementals can't bite when you get very closer to them and how they get "ashamed" for that and can't release another damned lost soul to fill space.

28 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Only thing I know that people expect way too much from old game like Doom. I like how things are unrealistic as heck, as like how pain elementals can't bite when you get very closer to them and how they get "ashamed" for that and can't release another damned lost soul to fill space.

Poor bastards. That's the punishment for being like that. Somehow, they should have a melee attack to compensate that weakness....

1 hour ago, Myst.Haruko said:

like how pain elementals can't bite when you get very closer to them and how they get "ashamed" for that

LOL the pain elemental realizes he has not done his job properly, so he will no longer spit any souls, and he becomes a distraction to Doomguy so he can help his demon friends.

The pain elemental has the lost soul in it's mouth during the animation, so the skull sees the player right there and says "Oh no thankyou, I will stay inside today, I think. The weather is bad..."

21 hours ago, Raido said:

3.Who in the hell exposed the icon of sins brain?

Presumably so it can spit new monsters, otherwise it would explode.

4. i know, i know... you could not aim up and down cuz of id tech 1 i know... but this is still a logic!

Screenie 4 is particularly interesting because it shows how each pellet of the shotgun autoaims on its own, so not only it's a sniper rifle, it's also a multi-targetting gun O_o

5. ID software, we already have all of the weapons you can just leave ammunition here instead of the guns...

Yeah, fuck those pesky pistol starters.

There was always only one autoaim vector. It's not like with BFG. I have no idea what's going on with that screenshot. It seems that maybe all three monsters are on the same plane, and the puff on the left is unrelated. Distant puffs are weird too. Like there's a chaingunner attacking the monsters on the balcony or something.

15 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

The only logic I need in this game is that stuff dies when I'm around.

The only "logic" I will never agree with is that homing rev rockets can and will clip through the very rev that shot them. Or basically any projectile in classic Doom clips through its "source", but rev rockets make it easy to spot.

Wait, they're rockets? I thought they were flaming meatballs...

16 hours ago, Da Werecat said:

On the other hand, I don't remember ever seeing one with a shortened barrel, but a stock left intact.

giphy.gif

source.gif

5 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

pain elementals can't bite when you get very close to them

5 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Somehow, they should have a melee attack to compensate that weakness....

Doom64 eliminated that exploit.

3 hours ago, Maes said:

Screenie 4 is particularly interesting because it shows how each pellet of the shotgun autoaims on its own

That must be an exotic mod / source port change, because in every traditional / doom2.exe demo-compatible version of the code I'm familiar with, A_FireShotgun picks one autoaim slope then calls P_GunShot 7 times without changing it.

FxjPVJ1.gif

I always figured Pain Elemental's couldn't bite you because the moment they open their mouth one of their annoying hellspawn children flies out of it.

I don't know how they eat then but perhaps when your insides are made of skulls on fire you don't need to eat.

5 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

I don't know how they eat then but perhaps when your insides are made of skulls on fire you don't need to eat.

Interesting because they have like a host inside of them and maybe that thing is giving energy to the PE...in other words, as a symbiotic entity or something...

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to weaponize demons, how would you even go about it and how do you keep them under control? Evidently you don't! 

7 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to weaponize demons,

The loathsome Spiderdemon?

On 10/12/2017 at 5:30 PM, Maes said:

Yeah, fuck those pesky pistol starters.

Dammit, nobody understands! by that i meant for the people who played doom from 100%

On 10/12/2017 at 11:18 AM, CARRiON said:

I always figured Pain Elemental's couldn't bite you because the moment they open their mouth one of their annoying hellspawn children flies out of it.

Even funnier when tight halls or running into it as it's exploding can kill its payload inside. It's like a reverse telefrag.

Yeah, Doom's a cool game but it's got a whole lot of illogical aspects which really jar my suspension of disbelief:

1) When was the last time you've exited a building by... pressing a gigantic switch in a random room... at which point the entire world melted before your eyes and you were treated to a crazy stats screen before being dumped elsewhere?! I know it's never happened to ME! Also, apparently in id's wacky world you can see your own face, and have numbers corresponding to your ammo and health hovering before your eyes, at all times. Wow, id, maybe you should get that checked at the optometrist.

2) Apparently the player, the monsters, the items and the entire world is made up of tiny colored squares? HELLO ID SOFTWARE, this isn't Minecraft?!

3) You're fighting "demons" and "zombies" even though these are figments of imagination that don't exist in real life... seriously wtf was Romero smoking?!

4) You're supposedly trapped on a hostile world filled with enemies out to devour your flesh, and with no escape route... except if you get tired you can just press a few keys to quit the game. Yeah right. Hey id, talk to a veteran with PTSD and see how he reacts when you ask him "well why didn't you just choose QUIT GAME if you hated it so much"!!

5) Throughout the game you never have to go to the toilet, or do your taxes, or sign divorce papers, or do all these things ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS do in their life. Come to think of it, the game involves you having fun, which doesn't make sense because human existence is actually an unending drudge of despair and pointlessness!

Disagree with the shotgun bit. Various shotguns can be used at long range(usually with slugs or frag rounds). It's just that some gamers are stupid enough to believe shotguns can only be used up close(that doesn't include you, OP).