Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

STARTANITY

Hello community.

You may know about this thread, so...Are Startan textures ruined forever? This mod will help you with answer.

This mod supports Doom I, Doom II, TNT Evilution and Plutonia Experiment. Requires GZDoom 1.9 or above, latest builds of Zandronum and ZDoom.

Download here

P.S.: I've changed my mind. I think that STARTAN2 is NOT ruined for me. It's a good texture, though. And STARTAN1 too.

Just now, Empyre said:

It looks like you made the maps fullbright, too. Why did you do that?

I did this mod by thoughts about Doom Builder simulating.

In Doom Builder any level without edits have brightness "192". So I've changed a brightness of all sectors into 192. You can see that on moving sectors it's not really 192 (possibly ~220), but still - no more dark sections.

Well, there goes my lunch. I applaud your effort, but not the STARTAN2.

3 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Should the status bar be in STARTAN2 too?

I thought about that, but I think there is no need for this. To be honest, I didn't want to create any GFX pictures (like TITLEPIC, INTERPIC, etc), so that's why I didn't edit HUD

This is the prophecy foretold in the startanic bible.

Downtown still looks pretty neat. I think textures in general may be a very significant but ultimately optional aspect of levels.

What about switch textures that don't have the switch on the bottom half (IE SW#DIRT) or short switches (IE SW#COMM)?

On 12.10.2017 at 8:15 PM, DeXiaZ said:

Requires GZDoom 1.9 or above, latest builds of Zandronum and ZDoom.

Isn't this kind of mod possible to be done for vanilla Doom as well?

6 hours ago, printz said:

The changed flats and brightness says no, unless you want to do it by including the vanilla levels with the textures manually swapped out.

Why startan a mod which I'll start a nice gameplay of this texture called STARTAN....?

Next time, I'll start a nightmare thanks to that mod....

2/10 the walls are not 100% STARTAN2

I saw FLOOR0_1 used as a ceiling texture what nonsense is this?

Edited by Spie812

4 hours ago, Arctangent said:

The changed flats and brightness says no, unless you want to do it by including the vanilla levels with the textures manually swapped out.

Actually you could just make copies of FLOOR whatever and rename them all to the same names of other flats and then do the same for patches, copy the STARTAN2 patches and replaces all patches in the P markers and edit PNAMES and stuff. Then it just replaces the graphics lumps and it would work in vanilla. The brightness would not but there's no need to re-include full levels for texture swaps.

18 hours ago, printz said:

It's possible to do for the vanilla Doom as well, but it will take more time to make + it woudln't change brightness as Arctangent said. And no, this mod will not run with Vanilla Doom even without brightness script.

12 hours ago, Nevander said:

gov i don't know how to tell you this

but FLOOR flats aren't used exclusively on floors and CEIL flats aren't used exclusively on ceilings

I don't know what you're talking about.

Copy FLOOR0_1 > paste > rename to another flat like FLAT20

Paste again > rename to another flat

Repeat until all flats are the same FLOOR flat

Now all Doom flats are replaced by the same one. ??

EDIT: Wait ok I see what you meant. You'd then have to average it I suppose. What flats are used most as floors get FLOOR, what flats are used most as ceilings get CEIL. So basically yes it can still be done in vanilla just not perfectly.

Edited by Nevander

19 hours ago, Arctangent said:

I think it would actually be interesting to provide a COLORMAP that just doesn't fade, just for blandness' sake.

8 hours ago, printz said:

I think it would actually be interesting to provide a COLORMAP that just doesn't fade, just for blandness' sake.

That's interesting, huh. Just for lulz I want to try it. But later...

I think what really elevates this mod to the next level is the fact that you chose comic sans as your trailer font! Now your mod can truly pass as a creation from hell!

I'm glad that you've got my ironic idea with using Comic Sans in my trailer. Seriously, I've used Comic Sans purposely