Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superchargecacodemons800

Worst Doom music track

Which music track from Ultimate Doom or Doom II is the worst in your opinion?

I haven't seen any bad music for Ultimate Doom or Doom II. Also Final Doom music is not a choice because the worst music track would obviously be Into The Beast's Belly, this time I wanna see which music track from the first two official WAD files is the worst since I can't think of one...

MAP32

Actually, I retract that, maybe The Demon's Dead, MAP10

6 minutes ago, superchargecacodemons799 said:

Also Final Doom music is not a choice because the worst music track would obviously be Into The Beast's Belly

Let's Kill at Will tbh

I don't think I completely dislike any track, but if I have to pick one, it would be The Demon's Dead, I can't hear it at the same volume like the other tracks because it rip my eardrums.

3 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

I'd say MAP14 of Doom 2 simply because that hanging note is literally the worst.

Which part is the hanging note at?

1 minute ago, Avoozl said:

Which part is the hanging note at?

For some reason, on PrBoom, the very last note will forever hang and produce a horrible tone forever after the first loop.

Facing The Spider. What bland boss level track. It's just a bland track in general. I also felt Nobody Told Me About id was completely out of place as well, even though it wasn't bad.

I don't really like the music from E2M3. It's fine as intermission music, but after hearing it so many times during an intermission, to hear it throughout an actual map seems a bit jarring.

I kind of like that track but not so much the dodo dada dodo dada part. The organ part is where it shines imo.

Doom II - "in the dark".

Found in "the chasm" and "the factory".

I feel indifferent about both these maps, tbh, but that track irritates me for some reason.

The music in E3M8. Facing the Spider IIRC. Worst track in Doom ever. Earrapes Irritates me to the core.

What crap. Completely generic guitar riff. It doesn't even try to be interesting. It might as well be a track some 9-year-old thought up in a few seconds just to check the new guitar he/she got.

@Voros Watchout your comments bro. ^ Facing the Spider is a cool, fast and high energy metal track; which is better than a lot of the elevator music present in Doom 2.

I've never liked Doom 2's map10 midi. The main guitar melody is rather slow and it keeps on droning on and on.

Map10 does drone on a lot, but I still think Facing the Spider is the worst offender here.

E1M4, E1M9, etc show that you can make a good fast paced track that is also interesting.

Facing the spider is a little generic, but I don't dislike it. It seems quiet compared to the other tracks.. Or is it just me? I think if it was about twice as long with ever so slightly more variation in the riff the second time around it could really help to improve the track. I guess the idea was that the fight would only take a minute or two so they just stuck a fast paced super short midi in there. I can't call it (or Map10) bad in good faith though, I love playing them both on guitar. Even if they're not ground-breakingly interesting, they're total rippers to sit down and play.

24 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

/me literally has a stress-induced aneurysm from how incorrect Eris' opinion is right now

Well, for me the other contender of the final doom tracks is the song from Prison, with that special ending, but LKaW is that but like five times louder and for the entire song :| (with less shitty instrument choice, admittedly)

Into the Beast's Belly is generally criticised for being loud and blaring, but at least that's the only thing wrong with it, it's a perfectly fine song otherwise.

Also Into the Dark is kinda lame, but it's so quiet and uneventful that you kinda forget that it's even playing.

D_AMPIE is for me the worst, and I judge entire HQ music packs on whether they've actually made the fucker listenable or not.

31 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Well, for me the other contender of the final doom tracks is the song from Prison, with that special ending, but LKaW is that but like five times louder and for the entire song :| (with less shitty instrument choice, admittedly)

I think I just have weird taste or something, these two tracks are honestly two of my favorite pieces of Doom music. The bassline for Prison is maximum groove for me, though admittedly the lead would probably be way better as a standard electric guitar than that weird whistle or whatever it is. Totally love the melody and overall feel though.

As far as volume levels go, they tend to be all over the place in TNT, some tracks are quiet as a whisper while others seemingly use max-volume notes on a max-volume track the entire time which sucks, but I still like the melodies/rhythm and generally sporadic nature of those two tracks despite them being stupidly blastingly loud. Something about LKaW is so tense yet the random little shreddy guitar solo feels like an awesome release, then it goes back into tension-mode. The unusual and energetic nature of these tracks really appeals to me.

Oh don't get me wrong, Prison's a fine piece mostly, it's just the ending that irks me :P

It's like whoever wrote it (and I can just tell this was the same person who did LKaW) was like "Hey this prison song's pretty good, but I dunno how to end it. Ah who cares, LOL random notes!"

20 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

D_AMPIE is for me the worst, and I judge entire HQ music packs on whether they've actually made the fucker listenable or not.

Now you mention it, one of the highlights of Lorcan's TNT music pack for me was LKaW, for this exact reason, heh.

TBQH, I've grown tired of Into the Belly of the Beast, and instead favour the tracks like map04 and map05 now.

Eris, man, that remix is simply amazing! Really put a fresh spin on an old favorite and was admittedly much less harsh on the ol' earholes. I was disappointed when it ended, that's how I know it was excellent. I'll be checking out more Lorcan remixes, great first impression.

6 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Now you mention it, one of the highlights of Lorcan's TNT music pack for me was LKaW, for this exact reason, heh.

Same, except with the aforementioned American Pie:

A bit too intense for the map it's on (Lunar Mining Project, one of the better maps IMO -- not saying a lot given TNT.wad as a whole) but I legit fire this up to listen to sometimes.