Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superchargecacodemons800

Worst Doom music track

the one used in bloodfalls. It's a shitty version of the one used in Monster Condo. I mean come on why have both?

Map02 is great though! haters gonna hate. The best doom music (just like any other music) isn't metal, it's all the other stuff.

On 13.10.2017 at 3:05 PM, Doomkid said:

I was stunned that I couldn't find a single rip of the glitched version, so I went ahead and recorded it for your listening "pleasure"

The MIDI sounds like it's dying for the first few seconds.. Almost reminds me of the agonizing sound of an NES or Famicom when it hangs or something. Without the context given by the drums and bassline it all sounds pretty damn weird. I actually kinda got a headache just recording this from that goddamn droning note right at the beginning.

That droning .... ugh. 

Why didn't it just start with the part 10 seconds later,? It's terrible. The rest is quite good it just doesn't shine in midi format.

Echoing what has been said about d2 m04 it's weird and not doom-like, and that monotonous noise used in 12 and 24.

As for d_runnin,  come on, it's miles ahead of those I mentioned above, but people are dying from being overexposed to it.

Edited by Pirx

Even without the repetition d_runnin really doesn't suit a game like Doom imo, it sounds a lot like food parlor music to me.

51 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

Even without the repetition d_runnin really doesn't suit a game like Doom imo, it sounds a lot like food parlor music to me.

Tunes like map02 probably don't fit in either, since it's salsa music apparently.

I will go with Map 02 Underhalls too... it sounds like it should be playing in a lounge on a cruise ship.

The music from "The gauntlet"  , it's the most uninspiring music according to me.  I have no idea on which kind of map this music could fit well.

"Running from Evil" though it's mostly overexposure and when I don't get upset at it playing in the first couple of seconds then I don't mind it.

"Bye-Bye American Pie" and "Getting Too Tense" on the other hand... At least GTT is cool the first minute around but if the level lasts longer I just have to change the music to something less tiring on the ears. BBAP is just tiring immediately.

I think I'm too blinded by nostalgia to say that any of the tracks are bad. Most of my custom maps almost never started on MAP01, and I almost never use Doom II as a primary resource .wad anyway. Therefore, D_RUNNIN hasn't been ruined for me as much as it has for others (although I will admit that it is easily the weakest track in the series).

I LOVE all of the music in TNT: Evilution! It's so powerful and gets me in the perfect mood for some demon killin'.

I'm not sure what the hell my laptop does when it reads the midis, for some reason the sounds are always different on my laptop compared with whenever I hear it on someone else's computer. To be honest, I've gotten so accustomed to the different sound on my laptop that I kind of prefer it over the originally intended sounds. I've always wanted to record the music and sound effects as they are played on my laptop just so that I can use them for ringtones.

12 hours ago, Roofi said:

The music from "The gauntlet"  , it's the most uninspiring music according to me.  I have no idea on which kind of map this music could fit well.

[Video]

I heavily disagree, that is one of my favourite tracks! I always felt that it fit well with the map, though that's my opinion so whatever.

23 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

I LOVE all of the music in TNT: Evilution! It's so powerful and gets me in the perfect mood for some demon killin'.

Except Into The Beast's Belly, because it is boring, waste of time to listen, and sounds like baby crying.

1 minute ago, superchargecacodemons799 said:

Except Into The Beast's Belly, because it is boring, waste of time to listen, and sounds like baby crying.

I don't dislike any of the music from TNT, as I said I love it all.

Feel free to have whatever negative opinions you want about anything, but do not put words into my mouth.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:26 AM, MrD!zone said:

Doom 2 Map 4. I never really liked it.

This. It's not a bad song on its own merits, but it sounds like it would fit better as a Commander Keen tune (or a song for a similarly family friendly fare). Too bright and happy, especially in a map as dark and foreboding as Map04 in Doom 2.

It's very difficult for me to pick least favorites as I have a spot for all of them, mostly due to nostalgia. However, to list some that are strictly my least favorites (but not outright bad otherwise), it'd probably be something like:

Doom: The Demons from Adrian's Pen (E2M2). This was a hard one because I don't even dislike this track at all, but I'd put it at the bottom of the ones I do like the most.

Doom II: Adrian's Asleep (MAP25). This one doesn't do much for me. I still like it in some ways, but again, bottom-lister.

Evilution: Text screen music. Very epic 5-second song!!!! For a more "serious" pick, Into the Beast's Belly (MAP08 et al.) works well for a boss theme but I don't much like hearing it on longer levels, and it could definitely benefit from a 25% volume drop, at least.

Edited by Bashe : GOOD ENTER KEY

On 10/13/2017 at 8:05 AM, Doomkid said:

I was stunned that I couldn't find a single rip of the glitched version, so I went ahead and recorded it for your listening "pleasure"

The MIDI sounds like it's dying for the first few seconds.. Almost reminds me of the agonizing sound of an NES or Famicom when it hangs or something. Without the context given by the drums and bassline it all sounds pretty damn weird. I actually kinda got a headache just recording this from that goddamn droning note right at the beginning.

Thank you for this. I came to this topic to bring this up. I thought E2 of TNT was supposed to sound like this for years. Cannot describe my surprise playing ZDoom for the first time and hearing this song with bass and drums properly. 

For me, the worst song in all of Doom is this one from TNT that plays in the maps Metal, Mount Pain and Last Call. 

I hate this song so much. It's really not that bad, but you have to hear it over and over and over and over again in those 3 shitty levels. It becomes annoying after about 10 minutes, let alone being stuck in Mount Pain for half an hour. 

TNT's music is some how much louder than Doom 1 and Doom 2's music. Count me in the group who prefer the glitched version of the Human BBQ song because it's not as loud that way. There's a lot of good music in TNT but what always has driven me crazy is how loud a lot of it sounds, as if the game is cranked up on steroids. When you go to the maps that use Doom 2 music, the volume of the songs drop and actually sound normal. 

On 10/14/2017 at 9:24 AM, RightField said:

the one used in bloodfalls. It's a shitty version of the one used in Monster Condo. I mean come on why have both?

Map02 is great though! haters gonna hate. The best doom music (just like any other music) isn't metal, it's all the other stuff.

Adrian's Asleep is the name of the track from Bloodfalls and I can't stand it. There is a high pitched humming note in the background that my ears like to zero in on for whatever reason. Kind of sucks because I really like Alice in Chains and otherwise the riff from Angry Chair is used fairly well the Adrian's Asleep. 

On 10/13/2017 at 9:02 AM, Voros said:

Map08? I love how those distortion guitars work together to create this echoey effect! I like the funky beat too.

I recall reading the composer notes by Bobby Prince for this track in which he mentions this delay effect. Apparently at the time, there was no way to implement actual delay plug-ins to the MIDI track, so he did it manually: That is, he input the "delayed" notes rhythmically, then progressively lowered the velocity of the subsequent "repeating" MIDI notes to simulate the delay tail decay. Pretty cool stuff, as I can't really tell it's "faked."

There are no tracks that I hate. However, my least favorites are "Deep Into the Code" and "Facing the Spider."

While I enjoy the driving 16th note rhythms from the guitar and ride cymbal found in "Deep Into the Code", the MIDI guitar shredding is a bit silly to me. Over-the-top and distracting in a bad way, I would say.

"Facing the Spider", as others have stated, is too short for its own good. Plus I don't think some of those power chord thrash riffs translate well to MIDI. 

Doom 2's soundtrack certainly has some WTF tracks in there. Although, due to the nostalgia blinders I have on for the game, they're guilty pleasures so I can't say I don't enjoy them. 

The worst Doom MIDI tracks with annoying Lead sounds for me. These tracks like a sketches.

I honestly always disliked Death's Bells, because it grates on the ear and is ridiculously loud. Sure, Into the Beast's Belly is loud as fuck as well, but for some reason I can sort of tolerate it, whereas Death's Bells is simply annoying.

The Venn Diagram of people who refer to "Running From Evil" as D_RUNNIN and people who are sick of hearing "Running From Evil" is just one big circle.

Does anyone hate D_RUNNI2 at all? To me, it fits so well with the map that I don't even notice it's there.

I'm ready to be crucified.

It'd be easier to find a Doom track I do like. Shawn's Got the Shotgun (MAP07/19/29) is my favorite, and I think that's it until we consider redux versions, in which case Shawn's Got the Shotgun goes up to 12, At Doom's Gate settles into a spot, Sign of Evil gets on the list, and Suspense finishes it.

Most of the time, I just use GZDoom's "changemus" command to play music from my computer directly.

On 10/15/2017 at 2:24 AM, RightField said:

It's funny because they're both pretty accurate MIDIs of Angry Chair and This Love, which do both sound pretty similar. I like them both a lot though, it would have sucked to hear the same MIDI yet again in that slot rather than something different.