Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iYago

My Doom Wad: COMPUTER_CENTER.wad

Hi everybody this is my first time posting a wad on this website.

-Game: Doom 2

-Map: MAP01

-Custom Music: Yes

-Single Player: Yes

-Cooperative: Yes (5 Players)

-Deathmatch: No

If there any bugs or problems just tell.

Hope you enjoy it.

(Hope Aquarius199 could play it C:)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxnf7erbw54plu2/COMPUTER_CENTER.wad?dl=1

Screenshot_Doom_20171013_220024.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171013_220352.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171013_220430.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171013_220411.png

Edited by iYago

You could change "dl=0" into "dl=1", so file would be downloaded automatically. Also, where's screenshots?  And gzdoom showed me some missing textures.

Edited by Myst.Haruko

2 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

You could change "dl=0" into "dl=1", so file would be downloaded automatically. Also, where's screenshots?  And gzdoom showed me some missing textures.

The missing textures are from doom 1 for some reason, try to open the wad with the doom 1 wad

The map didn't seem too promising at the start but it ended up being a ton of fun. I had some issues with the monster choices given the very tight spaces in the majority of the map. Some of the ambushes were also very unforgiving and after a few attempts, I ended up just using saves for the sake of getting through the map at least once.

-The imps worked well in plenty of areas but in other areas where there was almost no room to maneuver, it was either too hard to hit them or too hard to avoid their projectiles. Becomes more manageable after getting a feel for the map though and knowing what to expect.

-Depending on the pathway you took, you could end up fighting against some very tough monsters without the proper resources. There was one room in particular (bathroom/showers) where you run into a bunch of Revenants but you might not have the tools or anywhere near enough ammo to take them down if you didn't explore other areas first.

-Some ambushes felt like overkill. Getting ambushed by two Hell Knights in a very tiny corridor seemed like a bit much.

-As Haruko mentioned, there are missing textures all over the place and opening the wad with Doom 1 doesn't work since this is a Doom 2 mod. Not really sure what you meant by that.

-Sector 802 seems to be mistakenly marked as a secret area.

Overall, I grew to like the tight spaces. There were a lot of awesome areas with some great ideas. I especially liked the details you put into the map. The imps standing over a dead body in one of the bedrooms and the the Pinky that tore through a bunch of bodies were nice touches. Same for the showers and bathroom stalls. The use of the glass texture was cool too. The finale was especially nice, particularly the room itself. I don't wanna say too much more and spoil the map for everyone else.

Apart from some issues I had, especially the missing textures, I really enjoyed this map. It's very doable but due to the unforgiving nature on a blind play through, I feel like it's something that will need to be attempted multiple times in order to work out strategies for beating it.

4 hours ago, Poorchop said:

The map didn't seem too promising at the start but it ended up being a ton of fun. I had some issues with the monster choices given the very tight spaces in the majority of the map. Some of the ambushes were also very unforgiving and after a few attempts, I ended up just using saves for the sake of getting through the map at least once.

-The imps worked well in plenty of areas but in other areas where there was almost no room to maneuver, it was either too hard to hit them or too hard to avoid their projectiles. Becomes more manageable after getting a feel for the map though and knowing what to expect.

-Depending on the pathway you took, you could end up fighting against some very tough monsters without the proper resources. There was one room in particular (bathroom/showers) where you run into a bunch of Revenants but you might not have the tools or anywhere near enough ammo to take them down if you didn't explore other areas first.

-Some ambushes felt like overkill. Getting ambushed by two Hell Knights in a very tiny corridor seemed like a bit much.

-As Haruko mentioned, there are missing textures all over the place and opening the wad with Doom 1 doesn't work since this is a Doom 2 mod. Not really sure what you meant by that.

-Sector 802 seems to be mistakenly marked as a secret area.

Overall, I grew to like the tight spaces. There were a lot of awesome areas with some great ideas. I especially liked the details you put into the map. The imps standing over a dead body in one of the bedrooms and the the Pinky that tore through a bunch of bodies were nice touches. Same for the showers and bathroom stalls. The use of the glass texture was cool too. The finale was especially nice, particularly the room itself. I don't wanna say too much more and spoil the map for everyone else.

Apart from some issues I had, especially the missing textures, I really enjoyed this map. It's very doable but due to the unforgiving nature on a blind play through, I feel like it's something that will need to be attempted multiple times in order to work out strategies for beating it.

Thanks for the review I really appreciate it.

I fix the sector 802 secret and balance a little bit some areas. 

I didn't fix the textures problem yet but I'm working on it, the only thing you can do now is grab the wad from The Ultimate Doom + COMPUTER_CENTER.wad and drag it to Gzdoom executor.

There was some texture packs which use Doom I texture patches. For example, Recolored Doom.

Good map. I didn't have too much trouble - I did die twice, but I think it was me playing poorly (nothing new there) rather than anything in the map being too difficult or unfair. I encountered a few graphical glitches/HOMs (one in the starting area and another on the mirror in the toilets), nothing too major. The doors close a bit too fast for my liking though, this is especially noticeable when attacking the cacos in the green slime room from the hallway. Keep it up.

There's A LOT of missing textures which i was confused on some parts and HOM effects in the start of the area, i had to run this wad with GZDoom so those HOM effects won't annoy me.

Despite all that, the map is really fun to play and has a lot of interesting ideas (Specially the part when you hit the switch and there's 30 seconds remaining, good part)

Also, good BGM, it adds some serious time in this map.

Another thing: you have to Align some textures and mark some spots as impassable (Also hit the lower unpegged option in the textures sides of the door)

This is my record of this map, i had good time playing this map.

Screenshot_Doom_20171014_173828.png

To get around the missing textures part, I launched the WAD with the WAD Smoosh IWAD, where pretty much Doom 1 and 2 are combined into 1 IWAD. Thanks to that, I didn't have to worry about the missing textures and can play the map without any issues. That aside, the map itself started out pretty slow and then gets better later on with the attention to detail in the rooms and being able to explore a bit before entering another room you may or may not be prepared with the right weapons. I skipped some rooms without realizing that I could have grabbed a Plasma Rifle and Chaingun in another so I ended up losing quite a bit of health to some Chaingunners, although I kind of like looking around the maps so I guess that's my fault. I grew to like the tight spaces as well, really does show that there was some thought and care to how some rooms should look and play like, even if some do give some troubling ambushes, specifically some that involve some of the more tougher enemies.

Regardless, I like most of what the map has to offer, especially the end with the 30 second ambush before a gate opens to the actual end, even with my nitpicks the ambushes are a nice part of the map and does keep me from not paying attention to what I'm doing. Ammo is plentiful enough and the music is a nice touch, especially after hearing D_RUNNIN pretty much all the time. There's also some nice use of mirrors and what I think is a bathroom, if it is, well I kind of chuckled at the thought of it. Good map still!

Below is my recording of the run.

Generally a little claustrophobic map - tight corridors and lots of doors. Well balanced weapons and health, even though I got lucky with my 3% health on the chaingunners trap :) Good that soulsphere was nearby.

I also had a slow start on the Cybbies but managed to kill them without a hassle.

Overall, good job!