Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Oldest personal file you have on the computer?

An old photo of me on the summit of Mount Everest. A guy I worked with asked me to tag along on his big climb up Everest, he had all the I gear that I needed. I was told to bring my portable cd player and some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The problem was that I had very little experience as a climber. Seeing as I was only able to tie some very basic knots, and I was able to drive my spiked boots into the mountain but couldn't pull myself up at the time. And I only had 2 weeks to train! But I was able to overcome all odds.

The oldest thing found in my standard pictures folder is from 2004, pics of the Eat-Man VHS set (anime series) from when I was selling it on ebay. I do have the better series (and redo/reboot) Eat-man 98 on DVD.

In the text folder, oldest is 2009, a back-up of my AIM profile.

Oldest stuff I have downloaded is from 2001, pics of Aki Kawamura! Don't google that if you don't want to see a cute model woman in a bikini etc.

31st August 1990 22:31: ChessBase files for a database dealing with the Nescafé Frappé Attack.

That's the last modified date. They were probably first created in 1989.

I no doubt have older files on older computers or backups, though finding the dates they were originally created would be tricky, as the computers they were created on are long since dead. On some old cassette tapes (still in the UK) there are programs I wrote in 1983 or so, but they don't have date-stamps and might have crumbled by now.

The oldest files I have are some Word documents from 2002 created by my Dad that were copied into my documents. They've survived in every backup I've ever done and have travelled from every machine I've ever owned, my current machine being a desktop I've had since April this year.

2007 something, maybe 2006, i have a old hard drive from a laptop that broke, it has windows xp and all of my old games and obsolete software from that time, for example there's doom 3 with savegames dating back to 7th july of 2007.