Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So uh... About five years ago, I got drunk and played a Killzone 3 clan match with a few buddies.  Talked about how it would be to recreate the weapons of the Killzone franchise in the Doom engine, a little bit of Armed Recruit discussion here and there...  One thing lead to another, and eight months later, I gave birth to a happy baby mod, which I named Doomzone.  Fast forward to today, and it's up to v1.7, and it's taken on a life of its own.  They grow up so fast.

DZ-DW-ThreadBanner.png

Mod Features:

• 82 weapons, split and shared among 13 player classes, each with their abilities and resistances
  • 5 grenade types
  • Active skills, ranging from sentry turrets to spawning reinforcements
  • Particle effects (smoke trails, projectile debris, etc.)
  • Randomized item and weapon spawns
  • Lots of new, tougher enemy types
  • New difficulty settings, with even tougher enemies and behavior
  • Doom Eater difficulty, which starts every map with only a pistol
  • Bloody screen effects and low HP screen pulse
  • Meager HP regeneration at low health (you're still gonna need a few medkits for that rocket in your chest, btw)
  • Portable medikits and armor repair kits
  • Classic Doomguy, Quakeguy, and Lo Wang bonus classes
  • A different experience for every playthrough!

Screenshots:

dzscreen1.png

dzscreen2.png

dzscreen3.jpg

dzscreen4.jpg

Doomzone is always under active development, so I'm always adding new features and rebalancing things.  Check back later for new version updates!

(Note: Requires GZDoom v3.0 or later)

Download (v1.7): http://www.moddb.com/mods/doomzone/downloads/doomzone-v17

Edited by silentzorah

Played quite a bit of the mod on Doom 2 and I had a good time, better than what I had thought. I was thinking the massive amount of weapons will come off as overwhelming but I felt thankful that some are separated for some classes only to avoid redundancy of having more of the same weapons. On Ultra-Violence it didn't oppose too much trouble and felt pretty easy but when cranking up the difficulty to Hardcore, it does get exciting and intense, a nice jump to change what would have been a more casual run. Some of the weapons and sounds does remind me of the Killzone games, nice to see someone who have played the series. Looks like I'll be playing this mod for a while, I really did enjoyed playing it on Hardcore and I like going some of the enemies when on that difficulty setting.

actually a really good gameplay mod: just tried with "The plutonia experiment" and doom 2 .

I just had some errors while launching the mod with GZdoom 3.1 and 3.2 with doom 2 and "The plutonia experiment", but after that no problems at all.

Here the link for the error log: http://pasted.co/804be7c8

34 minutes ago, LuciferSam86 said:

actually a really good gameplay mod: just tried with "The plutonia experiment" and doom 2 .

I just had some errors while launching the mod with GZdoom 3.1 and 3.2 with doom 2 and "The plutonia experiment", but after that no problems at all.

Here the link for the error log: http://pasted.co/804be7c8

Doomzone handles some flats and actors from other mods/maps with animations and lights respectively.  These errors are normal, and not an issue.  Glad you enjoy the mod!