Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Minor feature request

I've noticed that items other than the player and monsters can be teleported by silent teleporters, but not regular teleporters. Do you think you could "fix" this? Thanks! :)

NiGHT: could you please specify the exact linedef types that have this problem? I will attempt to investigate it. It looks to me, by looking at the code, that anything that can cross a line should be able to activate either type of teleporter. There appears to be no difference in what things they discriminate against, and yet there may be, somewhere I cannot see it yet.

It appears to be all the original Doom 2 teleporter types, i.e. 39, 95, 125 and 126. By the way I forgot to mention that this also happens in Boom as well, so presumably that also means MBF and SMMU.

If you want an example , go to this page and grab the Boom tricks wad. In one room - which should be fairly simple to find - is a crate on a teleporter platform, and a switch. Pressing the switch is supposed to make the crate disappear, and an ammo clip teleport in (via an invisible teleporter) and then teleport out again (using a normal teleporter).

Instead, the ammo clip teleports in, but doesn't teleport out again. I know that the teleporter line is in definitely the right place, as the effect works perfectly in ZDoom.