Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomslayer11122

Halloween Themed Doom WADS!

Got any good Halloween WADS? Share them here! Its October so we should start sharing some of our spooky Halloween maps we downloaded or made!

They could actually be scary, or goofy and poorly made but charming such as this wad! Either are fine. 

How about a little fire scarecrow? How about a little fire scarecrow? How about a little fire scarecrow? How about a little fire scarecrow?

I guess Doom is kinda Halloweeny as it is what with the hell and the demons and all that, but it would be pretty cool to see a well made WAD that specifically is themed around Halloween! I honestly can't think of a single other one.

I was pretty sure we had a Halloween-themed WAD we used when we played Requiem over Thursday Night Survival last year; not particularly a WAD with levels - it just changes some things like Lost Souls into bats, some items into pumpkins and it contains plenty of good skins for potential Halloween costumes. I still have the video of it here:

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of Halloween session we might hold this year.

In the tradition of Wal-Mart and other such stores, might I interest you in a Christmas themed wad? I know it's not even Halloween yet, and Thanksgiving is a month after that, and then there's a whole other month until Christmas, but it's never too late to start early! Get Massmouthmas today so you're not panicking on Christmas Eve looking for a wad to play!

trollie.jpg

19 minutes ago, Johnatone said:

In the tradition of Wal-Mart and other such stores, might I interest you in a Christmas themed wad? I know it's not even Halloween yet, and Thanksgiving is a month after that, and then there's a whole other month until Christmas, but it's never too late to start early! Get Massmouthmas today so you're not panicking on Christmas Eve looking for a wad to play!

trollie.jpg

Hey, I tried it out and cant find a source port that plays it without almost everything being errors. Got any ideas?

11 minutes ago, doomslayer11122 said:

Got any ideas?

Check the wad's textfile. It says:

* Play Information *

Game                    : zdoom.exe 2.0.94 or higher should work fine.
              Anything lower that that use at your own risk.  
              If don't know where to get zdoom, try here:
              http://zdoom.org/
              You also need Massmouth 2, that is, massm2.wad
              which you can grab at the following link if
              you don't already have it (shame on you!):
              http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12090

I can't stress this enough, YOU NEED MASSMOUTH 2
              IN ORDER TO PLAY THIS.  As for the command line:

zdoom.exe -file massm2.wad massmas.wad

It's also important that they be in that order,
              I think it might break if they're out of order,
              but I'm not sure.

7 minutes ago, doomslayer11122 said:

I tried ZDoom, Skulltag, and Zandronum. I guess ill try again.

I hadn't played it in a while so I loaded it up. Make sure you have both Massmouth 2 and Massmouthmas wads and drag them both into the source port at the same time. That'll clear the errors in the ~ menu, but I hadn't played it in a while myself, so I booted it up and noticed there are some graphical errors, textures missing allowing me to see through walls and whatnot, so I'll mess around with my settings later when I get some time; I suspect downloading a legacy version of ZDoom might do the trick. Really hope Cyb comes back to do a Massmouth3

6 minutes ago, doomslayer11122 said:

I tried ZDoom, Skulltag, and Zandronum.

Each of these ports would probably work if only you launched the wad together with the Massmouth 2 wad as the instructions say.

Just now, Johnatone said:

I hadn't played it in a while so I loaded it up. Make sure you have both Massmouth 2 and Massmouthmas wads and drag them both into the source port at the same time. That'll clear the errors in the ~ menu, but I hadn't played it in a while myself, so I booted it up and noticed there are some graphical errors, textures missing allowing me to see through walls and whatnot, so I'll tinker with it later when I get some time; I suspect downloading a legacy version of ZDoom might do the trick.

Thanks for the help!

It's not Doom, but the secret level in episode 2 of Coffee Break for Wolfenstein 3D is 100% Halloween themed. I'd rather not spoil anything, as it's really something you should see for yourselves. 

On 10/16/2017 at 4:56 PM, valkiriforce said:

I was pretty sure we had a Halloween-themed WAD we used when we played Requiem over Thursday Night Survival last year; not particularly a WAD with levels - it just changes some things like Lost Souls into bats, some items into pumpkins and it contains plenty of good skins for potential Halloween costumes. I still have the video of it here:

The Halloween resource is more or less the same every year - it's the bonus map that's special ;)

I made this for the 2015 session, heh