Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

The HORUS terrorist group has just made super-terrorist Victor Baloch its new leader, and they've stolen several nuclear warheads. With the nukes in tow, they've begun holding the world hostage one region at a time.

In response to this, NATO has greenlit a campaign to eradicate HORUS and Victor once and for all, with the Hercules of counter-terrorism Hector Juarez taking point. Operation Body Count is a go.

DOWNLOAD IT!

This is a small side-project, revisiting a previous remake i abandoned a couple years back. It'll be three objective-based, multi-storied missions when it's done. Kill terrorists, rescue hostages, disarm nuclear devices, and save the world from HORUS's ultimate jihad. A remake of the terrible DOS shooter of the same name, in the same spirit as my previous remake, Nerves of Steel.

The full version will also have a PDF with other fun details in it.

Edited by Impie

On 10/16/2017 at 3:42 AM, Agentbromsnor said:

I can't remember seeing the shotgun from the Blood alpha in the original game...

There was a shotgun with infinite ammo in the full version.

5 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

The terrorists that are being gunned down here look like they are wearing potato sacks on their heads but aside from that this looks quite fun.

I felt kinda the same way about the "burlap balaclavas" of the terrorist mooks, but that's what I get for using OBC assets. I'd thought about tweaking and upgrading them to improve the art, but it's tough to do with that weird palette.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Voltcom9! I'm working on mission 2 off and on for the past week or so, and hoping it's at least decent.

19 hours ago, Gideon020 said:

Kinda feel like the sawn-off should be a pump-action instead but that's just me.

It would fire too fast, especially in the hands of a properly trained shooter. It's gotta have slow reload for balance.

1 hour ago, Impie said:

It would fire too fast, especially in the hands of a properly trained shooter. It's gotta have slow reload for balance.

it could be a slow fire spas-12? Or an semi-auto shotgun.

12 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

it could be a slow fire spas-12? Or an semi-auto shotgun.

Those would still fire too fast in the hands of a professional. That's kinda what it was in the original game (which has terrible palette and sprites for weapons, hence why I'm using better-looking equivalents), and it didn't quite make sense.

That'd require a TON of good resources and probably a decent RPG stats setup. I'd probably leave that to another modder.

I kinda wanted to do either Angst: Rahz's Revenge or Island Peril next.

13 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

Corr7 needs a remaster.

Conceptually I didn't find it quite as interesting as Body Count. Everyone prefers Corridor 7 to Body Count, but I really liked the idea of "Jihadenstein 3D". They just royally dropped the ball with that concept.

I should really post this here so people know I'm still working on this mod.

No new updates to the demo, but the project isn't dead. 'E's just restin'. Actually I finished Mission 2, but this mod is sort of an off-and-on again project, so I don't have a release planned yet.

I also have one person working on a guest map for the mod, and I'm hoping I can get some others on board as well to flesh the mod out a bit. PM me if you'd like to join in.

Changed the suicide bomber so he matches the other enemy stock. Also finished Mission 3, set on Alcatraz, and added 2 more bosses.

I still have slots open for guest maps if anyone's interested in giving it a shot.

Shot of the latest mission, Desert Strike. Pretty pleased with the general layout and "oasis base" motif, and features the first new boss, local dictator "Doc" Mustafa.

ABKFLJd.png

Also, the Flamer is badass in the full version. It burns everyone: terrorists, rats, and even bosses.

Beta version is ready for testing! Please give it a whirl and report any feedback here.

Nice! Although the player's sounds are a bit high pitched/feminine. Just a nitpick. Also it would be nice to have more variation in sky textures but that's just another nitpick. :EDIT: I Just finished the mod and all is positive. It's just simply great! It's been worth the wait.

Edited by MrD!zone

Various updates since the beta was posted include:

- Dual uzi boss's gun gives you dual uzis when picked up.
- New skies (thanks Quakedoomnukem!)
- various level and mechanic fixes (The Rock has 75% less Ali Adwans, so you don't blow as much ammo on UV mode)
- Max AK47 ammo boosted to 100, and 200 with backpack. As a result, fewer backpacks can be found.

EDIT: And fixed the issue I didn't know about where enemies other than Victor can execute the final boss script.

Edited by Impie

On 18/10/2017 at 11:00 PM, Impie said:

I felt kinda the same way about the "burlap balaclavas" of the terrorist mooks, but that's what I get for using OBC assets. I'd thought about tweaking and upgrading them to improve the art, but it's tough to do with that weird palette.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Well then, maybe you should just not use the OBC assets that are both ugly and overtly racist? Seriously, your previous projects usually managed to avoid that kind of crap. Why the sudden change of standards?

And before you draw another false equivalence about Wolfenstein 3D, no, Arabs (whether they are terrorists or not) are not the same as Nazis. I know you want to believe they are, but unlike Arabs, the Nazis are not an openly persecuted ethnic group that gets overwhelmingly portrayed in fiction as terrorists...

And yes, the movies you claim to want to pay homage to (Team America, 80s action movies) were racist - overtly and actively so. No amount of whinging about Tumblr (a website that I do not even use) and parroting of race realist bullshit on your part will change that.

3 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Well then, maybe you should just not use the OBC assets that are both ugly and overtly racist? Seriously, your previous projects usually managed to avoid that kind of crap. Why the sudden change of standards?

And before you draw another false equivalence about Wolfenstein 3D, no, Arabs (whether they are terrorists or not) are not the same as Nazis. I know you want to believe they are, but unlike Arabs, the Nazis are not an openly persecuted ethnic group that gets overwhelmingly portrayed in fiction as terrorists...

And yes, the movies you claim to want to pay homage to (Team America, 80s action movies) were racist - overtly and actively so. No amount of whinging about Tumblr (a website that I do not even use) and parroting of race realist bullshit on your part will change that.

You really don't learn, do you, Sperglord? You harassed me and the admins over at zdoom forums over this shit and got banned for it, and now you're following me to harass me here? I'm sure the Doomworld mods will LOVE hearing about that.

You lost the argument days ago. DROP it. Meantime enjoy getting the same treatment here as on zdoom: whine all you like, I'll just send it to the admins and ignore it from then on.

Edited by Impie

6 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Looks like somebody has some sand in their vagina.

2 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Looks like somebody has some sand in their vagina.

Just ignore it or it'll never end.

I'm still tweaking the mod for a proper release, ironing out the bumps and other weird issues I discovered that somehow went unnoticed. Wonder if anyone found the easter eggs yet.

You've made the same palate mistake I originally made when I started on my own Operation Body Count TC for Doom in the past; you've used the pallete the game uses for when the lights are switched off; everything is a lot darker. OBC uses different palletes if the player has the lights switched on/off.

I've attached the pallete the game uses if the player has the lights switched on.

PLAYPAL.zip

12 hours ago, Vermil said:

You've made the same palate mistake I originally made when I started on my own Operation Body Count TC for Doom in the past; you've used the pallete the game uses for when the lights are switched off; everything is a lot darker. OBC uses different palletes if the player has the lights switched on/off.

I've attached the pallete the game uses if the player has the lights switched on.

PLAYPAL.zip

Well then how to I rip the sprites in the lit-up mode? I got them direct from the game so I should be able to switch it over, right? But there's only one palette available, and I'm not sure I know how to apply a new one in slade.

Seems weird that the sprites would be "dark mode" by default.

EDIT: Nvm I figured it out thanks to Rachael once again.

Edited by Impie

Okay, significant update: replaced a bunch of enemy and furniture sprites given my not realizing why said sprites were so dark when I ripped them. Everything looks like it ought to now, and you can see details in the sprites that weren't noticeable before.

Expect a proper release in the near future, trailer and all.