Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

ZDoom Wiki - How to submit an edit?

Hello all.

I noticed on this page (https://zdoom.org/wiki/SetMusicVolume) there's no example. I am using this feature in my mod to transition between music and thought I could post an example piece of code, but I couldn't create an account.

What is the process for submitting updates? I assumed this would be better asked over at ZDoom forums but I do not frequent there at all and feel more comfortable asking here, heh.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Make an account first. That wiki doesn't allow anonymous edits for some reason.

image.jpg.31c1181608bb252a3717bf2e47f9afea.jpg

After you log in, there will be an "Edit" tab, which does what it says.

But why couldn't you create an account?

Just now, Voros said:

Make an account first. That wiki doesn't allow anonymous edits for some reason.

The reason being spambots.

That was a temporary measure after a particularly nasty flood of spambot registrations; try again now.

How do wiki spambots operate? Do they just put ads right in the middle of articles or are they trying to be more subtle about it?

Nothing subtle about them. You have to understand that they aren't trying to advertise stuff to the wiki readers; they're trying to use the wiki for SEO, like some sort of website vampires. That's how you can get a dozen new accounts creating hundreds of pages that are all variations of "<printer brand> support call <phone number>" in the hope that if someone then looks for printer support on the Googles, they'll see that dodgy phone number among the first results. Spambots are also spamming for various kind of more-or-less legal drugs, cracked software, self-help books, and a lot of other shit.