Find results that contain...
Find results in...
metus

my new wad [in test]

welcome to my hell. 

I finaly did it! my first map after 6 years////

it's brutal, but u will like it!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recomend u, run this WAD on BRUTAL DOOM. 

by the way, check out my music , remix of doom theme. https://metusnex.bandcamp.com/album/doomed

DOWNLOAD  

2017-10-19_04-00-50.png

metusdoom.7z

Edited by metus

Just now, Myst.Haruko said:

So, people will know what to expect in your wad. 

well look at it

2017-10-17_20-56-06.png

You could easily edit your first post and include screenshot and write which program you used for map test and if it runs in Doom or Doom II.

3 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

You could easily edit your first post and include screenshot and write which program you used for map test and if it runs in Doom or Doom II.

yep. I edit it. this wad better plays on brutal doom mod.

A bit more info we need please:

• What game is this for?  Doom?  Doom 2?  Final Doom?  Something else?
  • What format is the map in?  Vanilla, Hexen, UDMF?
  • What source port are you targeting?  Vanilla, Limit-Removing, Boom, GZDoom, Eternity, something else?
  • You mention Brutal Doom - is the wad designed for Brutal Doom (i.e. will break without it), or is that merely your preference?

Alright map,i didn'[t like how most of the combat happened in the first room because all monsters in the area get activated when you make a sound and after that the map feels very empty,i would recommend giving those monsters the ambush flag so that they don't come the starting room.Also i found some missing textures:

Screenshot_Doom_20171017_201902.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171017_201909.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171017_201915.png

Now as I look at map plan, I can tell that map doesn't have doors or other things(like walkable lines or switches with tags) which could indicate moveable barrier to stop monsters before jumping in main action. Take more time to learn main basics of Doom mapping. It's good that you made this wad, but if you consider yourself to get into mapping seriously, learn main things like doors, teleporters and switches and how to use tags.

2 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Now as I look at map plan, I can tell that map doesn't have doors or other things(like walkable lines or switches with tags) which could indicate moveable barrier to stop monsters before jumping in main action. Take more time to learn main basics of Doom mapping. It's good that you made this wad, but if you consider yourself to get into mapping seriously, learn main things like doors, teleporters and switches and how to use tags.

Without being able to tell things such as floor levels from the plan, one can only assume that everything is essentially at the same level (or within 24 units different), so the action would flow seamlessly from one room to another. The lack of doors (assuming there are no other barriers) would be of some use in a deathmatch setting, provided there were multiple ways into and out of a room. That being said, I agree with @Myst.Haruko to learn some of the basics.

Looking at the map plan, it looks like you intended some areas to be doors or to at least give you the possibility of having doors.

You may find these of use (this contains links to the whole 13 lesson series):

And you got started with your map, so you've taken the first step.

On 17.10.2017 at 9:25 PM, Bauul said:

A bit more info we need please:

• What game is this for?  Doom?  Doom 2?  Final Doom?  Something else?
  • What format is the map in?  Vanilla, Hexen, UDMF?
  • What source port are you targeting?  Vanilla, Limit-Removing, Boom, GZDoom, Eternity, something else?
  • You mention Brutal Doom - is the wad designed for Brutal Doom (i.e. will break without it), or is that merely your preference?

sorry. this map i made for a zDoom, but u can play it on brutal doom port.

Brutal Doom is mod, zdoom/gzdoom is advanced source port or advanced program which supports fancy things like slopes, 3d floors and scripting in Doom maps in specific mapping formats of course. In my opinion, you first should think about unmoded, balanced gameplay first while do mapping and later with mods. Yeah, and take your time for learn basics. 

3 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Brutal Doom is mod, zdoom/gzdoom is advanced source port or advanced program which supports fancy things like slopes, 3d floors and scripting in Doom maps. In my opinion, you first should think about unmoded, balanced gameplay first while do mapping and later with mods. Yeah, and take your time for learn basics. 

u check out a map?

Just now, Mr.Rocket said:

I give it 4 stars for good effort!

thank you, it's just a beging. i wanna make a hole episode with my music.

Yeah. No doors, barriers doesn't work. Monsters comes in main room way too fast. Typical starter map. I did this too in the past, but with invested time and experience I've got better. Study maps more. For example, Scythce or Valiant. Check how authors made things. Ask questions. Learn main stuff, before making whole epizode, because it can be tiresome for mapping newbie. 

4 minutes ago, metus said:

thank you, it's just a beging. i wanna make a hole episode with my music.

Nice! I can't wait to check it out and have a listen!

Keep in mind that these guys see your potential, they want you to learn "the mechanics of Doom" and the power the Source Ports hold, like Zdoom. 

Doors are far from mandatory. They often get in the way of flow. The deaf flag, movement-restricting geometry (e.g. turrets, ledges, etc.), and indirect reveals (such as warp-ins) can all be used to avoid monsters pathing towards you immediately. Valiant and skillsaw's maps in general tend not to use too many doors.

1 minute ago, rdwpa said:

Doors are far from mandatory. They often get in the way of flow. The deaf flag, movement-restricting geometry (e.g. turrets, ledges, etc.), and indirect reveals (such as warp-ins) can all be used to avoid monsters pathing towards you immediately. Valiant and skillsaw's maps in general tend not to use too many doors.

yeeeeeeeeeee OO well, finally someone understood it. doors don't need if you're running away from monsters with 1 hp. and the small corridors make it more dangerous.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Nice! I can't wait to check it out and have a listen!

Keep in mind that these guys see your potential, they want you to learn "the mechanics of Doom" and the power the Source Ports hold, like Zdoom. 

https://metusnex.bandcamp.com/album/doomed  this is not my full album is dedicated to doom. but you check out the rest of the tracks you might like. in the end, I've written 42 album