Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomslayer11122

90s WADS.

Man, I really like finding WADS on these fourms don't I?

Anyhow just share some of your classic 90s Doom WADS. Adventure, small level packs, total conversions, death match packs, anything goes. As long as it was in the 90's.

11GETBFG, Doomsday of UAC (UACDEAD), Fort Knocks, THEATRE.WAD, Fava Beans, Cleimos, etc etc

Well, anything in the Top 100 WADs that's still in the 90's, really.

Of the top of my head, The Darkening, Fava Beans, the Memento Moris, TiC's WADs (Slaughter Until Death, Obituary), Requiem, and Hell Revealed.

Oh, and also Cyberdreams if you're looking for something different.

Recently I've played some or all of Mordeth, Fistful of Doom, Memento Mori (II), uac_dead, Nostromo's Run, and Polygon Base. I've taken to crawling through archived /newstuff threads for 2000s WADs, but I wish there was a good way (other than kmxexii's blog, and life's slowed down his updates) to find lesser-known and worthwhile '90s maps. Until then, I've got plenty to go. Requiem, Alien Vendetta (part of which I've played), Dystopia 3, Obituary (I've also done half of this), STRAIN, and others are in my backlog.

On 7/24/2016 at 10:36 AM, Doomkid said:

4 of my all time favorite maps from the olden days

EDIT: Ooh, DM packs too huh?

Both of these packs are compilations of 90's DM maps. There's tons of good 90s DM maps out there but I don't want to overload you!

Edited by Doomkid

Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay along with the wads above.

Also, Dimensions of Time and Twilight Zone

Doom shovelware disks, because every map from random compilation like D!zone can be good or bad. Mostly bad due limited resources, but it's still fun.

When I used to make maps 10 years ago people mentioned how they evoke 90s .wads due to how cramped they were.

You could also go to idgames and do a search for the top rated WADs with X number of votes and play the ones from the 90's. A lot of those will be ones already mentioned here, but others will pop up, such as (but not limited to):

Crusades

Dark Covenant

Inferno (by Christopher Lutz)

Chiquito Doom

Galaxia

(Galaxia was actually one of the Top WADs of 1994, so overlap with earlier posts)

Apart from some of the megawads mentioned by other people, Hacx is a nice total conversion, monsters are very creepy and maps are very complex. Lacks map 21-30 and a proper way to end the wad, but whatever, it's pretty good anyway. 

10 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Dark Covenant

This was a really fun mini-episode for Doom 2.

I believe Bob Evans said they were never finished, while another one went to Eternal Doom (MAP20: Silures was originally an Odessa map).

9 hours ago, dl_simc said:

Heroes, Heroes 2

On 19/10/2017 at 10:16 AM, Myst.Haruko said:

Doom shovelware disks, because every map from random compilation like D!zone can be good or bad. Mostly bad due limited resources, but it's still fun.

Confession: I sometimes get totally sick of modern mapping and retreat into playing nothing but shovelware CDs for a few months.