Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevieWolfe

Got an extra $7000 lying around? (Doomguy statue)

5 hours ago, MrGlide said:

Kinda weird id isn't keeping it.

Some say it's haunted, others say it's cursed. 

In the dead of night, some say that if you listen to the Space Marine replica really closely, you can hear the sounds of Jace Hall being choked out by John Carmack. 

Will they let me pay this off in increments? I'll have seven grand, eventually, over the next few years.

I used to have a few life-sized statues in the living room, but I kinda destroyed them with a baseball bat or sword, depending on what I could get my hands on first, when I woke up in the middle of the night to take a leak and my house was full of monsters and ninjas and shit.

I need a replacement statue.

Supposedly it's a ploy by Marty Stratton, he'll slip into the Doom Slayer unit, which is really a suit he just wears and pretends to be a statue. Once he's in your home he'll raid your fridge in the dead of night and make you think your home is haunted.

Oh... That's the statue with the reversed O's...

[Quietly whispers to myself]:

Spoiler

Now that I've pointed that out, everyone will lose interest...

Spoiler

and that statue will be MINE, MWA HA HA HA!

Spoiler

[Sounds of thunder in the background]

If I get my hands on $5,500 before it gets sold, I'll buy it. Would be great if it was a statue of original Doomguy from the original Doom cover art in his kicking ass pose.

Sadly, I don't have much space and money to buy that guy, unless I would sell my body parts and my room mates, but it's not possible and I'm not that bad.

If you're not bad enough to harvest your roommates' organs, you don't deserve a Doom Slayer statue.

Just chug alcohol and watch Grey's Anatomy with scalpel in hand, it's not that hard, you might forget in the morning but at least it will be over with kind of like drunk dinner 

On 10/21/2017 at 6:08 AM, MrGlide said:

Kinda weird id isn't keeping it.

Bethesda is probably pulling an EA and shutting down the studio. 

16 minutes ago, Job said:

If that ends up happening, I would be mad except for the fact that id wasn't really id for a long time.

I do yes. I thought about investing it on a game developer... turns out they just wanted "donations" rather than to give out shares.

$7,000 for a statue would be well worth it, but I've had some bad experiences on eBay. :-)

Perhaps a video game museum would enjoy it.

Thinking about just wearing my own Doomguy costume and drinking loads of embalming fluid, if someone wants to come pick up my hardened corpse after the fact it would be way cheaper than $7,000.

Seriously though, if I had thousands to throw around, I might just get this. It certainly looks awesome.

16 hours ago, Job said:

I think the Trojan Marty theory is more believable TBH

On 10/21/2017 at 11:11 AM, Piper Maru said:

Supposedly it's a ploy by Marty Stratton, he'll slip into the Doom Slayer unit, which is really a suit he just wears and pretends to be a statue. Once he's in your home he'll raid your fridge in the dead of night and make you think your home is haunted.

This statue is from their Frankfurt, Germany office.

It's a duplicate of the statue in their lobby at the Richardson, TX office... which I believe that one is not for sale.