Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Batandy

Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

the op needs to win the mapper of the year award. maybe we even need a special award for classic mapper of the year - but nothing out there (skulldash, Stronghold and maybe a few others) show the fullest capability of the GZDoom engine. 

for golden souls 1, 2, and this mod.

4 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

the op needs to win the mapper of the year award. maybe we even need a special award for classic mapper of the year - but nothing out there (skulldash, Stronghold and maybe a few others) show the fullest capability of the GZDoom engine. 

for golden souls 1, 2, and this mod.

Incredibly, Batandy did not win a Cacoward for Castlevania, yet he's getting awards everywhere else.  Very strange.  

-Completely reworked whip. It is now way easier to hit small targets, and anything in general.
-Holy Water's flask now stuns enemies and deals +ripper damage before touching the ground.
-Axe Armor's projectiles are now +RIPPER (They don't bounce back when they hit you).
-Axe Armor's melee attack is weaker.
-Reduced player bobbing.
-Candles will now ALWAYS spawn hearts on New Moon and Crescent Moon. (They still have a chance not to drop anything on Full Moon).
-Whip upgrades will not spawn anymore if you've already got a maxed out morning-star whip. (A big heart will drop instead).
-Improved MAP01's courtyard.

Download V1.4
https://www.moddb.com/mods/castlevania-simons-destiny/downloads/castlevania-simons-destiny-v14

It's a bit overdue, but it's finally here!
This will probably be my final release for this mod. Thank you all for your support!

Edited by Batandy

And a big thank you for updating and working on it! It‘s a wonderful Doom mod that perfectly shows how almost anything works in 3D, especially the Doom engine. 

Perfect time to revisit this WAD. 

Just played though it. Twas fun. :D Turned out to primarily be a game about whipping the flames, so many flames. But a humble amount of levels made it not become a nuisance, not too much. Music and atmosphere were great.

Giant Bats in the final level were the only enemies I didn't bother killing. Enemies couldn't use stairs and I'm guessing that's intentional. Took me until the last level to notice that power-up dropping flames have different color though would have smacked them all anyway. Actor tags need space characters for better compatibility with Target Spy. Crouching isn't disabled by default and that treasure room in the last level made me feel it should be. Tried to get the score as high as possible and ended up with 182500.

Are BigCross and SubBible attainable?

Also made a tiny addon which moves the HUD all the way into bottom-left corner. Along with the score so centered messages can be used. Completely scalable! Here is before and after:

A5heL1Sm.jpg k31mXSZm.jpg

Download here!

Edited by eqagunn

3 hours ago, eqagunn said:

Actor tags need space characters for better compatibility with Target Spy.

Crouching isn't disabled by default and that treasure room in the last level made me feel it should be.

This mod is not intended to be played with Target Spy so I don't have any reason to make it compatible, up to the user if they want, and yes, the player is supposed to be able to use crouching.

3 hours ago, eqagunn said:

Are BigCross and SubBible attainable?

Big Cross is a secret item, look for certain blocks in ceilings...

SubBible... well, play the game on Blood Moon difficulty and find out