Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spaztacus

My Eagle Speed mapping - outside of time frame

Hey there everyone.  I've just started seeing Eagle's Speed mapping sessions and I wanted to give it a shot.  This is from session 7, which just happened Saturday.  I'm putting this in its own thread since I didn't have the chance to be a part of it in real time.:

Doom 2 - Map01

tested in ZDoom and GZDoom

Themes: no light level higher than 160, mostly use specters and lost souls, creepy haunted mansion

Haunted.zip

Hey man, I'm really honored that you were inspired by the Eagle sessions! It means a lot to me, and it's great seeing people getting inspired by it! Especially now when it's more important than ever.

The map was pretty good! The traps were nicely laid out, and the emphasis on Lost Souls and Spectres was pretty good! The only real flaw I have with it is too much shotgun action and too much monodirectional encounters (you always face the enemies), but it's a pretty nicely done map overall.

Edited by NaZa

Thanks.  Yeah, I was having trouble with the timeframe.  I also couldn't get the sound blocking to correctly stop the "maze" section to behave the way I wanted to. The shotgun action was because I didn't want to take the time to balance out a chaingun lol.  A super shotgun would have made it too easy I think.

Anyway, thanks for feedback.  If you wanted to throw it into the session wad, that's fine by me.  I just started my own thread since it was not during the session, although I did follow the timeline and started it as soon as I saw the themes.  Hopefully I'm free on the 4th do take part in real time.  If not, I'll probably do it this way again