Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antediluvia

Doom 64 comparable VST (for FL Studio etc.)?

Hey all

I know this is a somewhat specific request, but are there any freeware VSTs out there that approach Doom 64/Aubrey Hodges haunting synths from the atmospheric tracks from Doom 64/PSX Doom? 

I'm sure I can edit the properties of some already available VSTs to get the sound I want, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Using the multiple built-in synths at extreme low and high pitches will achieve the same results, there's no need for a specialized VST.

Use some choice samples, run them through some effects if you wish. I've done it to the same effect very easily. You just have to play around.

DANNY WON

3 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

Using the multiple built-in synths at extreme low and high pitches will achieve the same results, there's no need for a specialized VST.

Use some choice samples, run them through some effects if you wish. I've done it to the same effect very easily. You just have to play around.

DANNY WON

Thanks for the tips my dude.

Once I get my computer fixed I can send you some of my work-in-progress ambient experiments to load into FLS. I may or may not need a reminder, heh. Send me a PM at some point.

45 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

Once I get my computer fixed I can send you some of my work-in-progress ambient experiments to load into FLS. I may or may not need a reminder, heh. Send me a PM at some point.

I'll keep 'er in mind =] Thanks!

Get the Doom64 Soundfont (usually called DOOMSND.sf2) and open it with a Fruity Soundfont Player.

This will give you the exact sounds used in the game :)

I believe this soundfont is included with the Doom64EX download, but you should also be able to find it online

Note that you will need to make a new soundfont player for each different instrument you want to use - there are 54 different instruments / sound sets! Just change the patch number in the soundfont player.

If you change the bank number to 1 you then get all the monster and weapon sounds from Doom64... 

Here's a very quick example track I just threw together:

https://clyp.it/xbcgmmqf

Hope that helps.

Edited by HexenMapper

12 hours ago, HexenMapper said:

Get the Doom64 Soundfont (usually called DOOMSND.sf2) and open it with a Fruity Soundfont Player.

This will give you the exact sounds used in the game :)

I believe this soundfont is included with the Doom64EX download, but you should also be able to find it online

Note that you will need to make a new soundfont player for each different instrument you want to use - there are 54 different instruments / sound sets! Just change the patch number in the soundfont player.

If you change the bank number to 1 you then get all the monster and weapon sounds from Doom64... 

Here's a very quick example track I just threw together:

https://clyp.it/xbcgmmqf

Hope that helps.

M Y D U D E 

It was here the entire time. Holy shit