Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksB

Weird thing happening in GZDOOM builder...

Question

Hi guys,

so Im working on my new hell map and im having some texture problems.  In my outdoor area, I have some pillars that are textured and put at the right hight for what I want, and I finally completed it and i go to play test it to see how it looks, and some of the textures are showing that they are missing.  I keep going back and making sure that I didnt forget to texture something, but I textured everything as it should be and I have checked multiple times and yet I cant figure it out.  Its kinda frustrating since it took me a while to work on it, and i just dont know what the problem is.  I usually use doom builder 2 but made my way to GZDOOM builder so maybe a setting isnt right?  IDK but If anyone can shed some light that would be appreciated.  I will leave some screenshots and a link to the wad for further guidence.  Thanks everyone!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ms9ic9p7vtkr24l/MAP01.wad

view of map 2d.jpg

how it should look.jpg

how it should look 2.jpg

how it should look 1.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20171025_212746.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171025_212758.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171025_212813.png

2 answers to this question

Doesn't look like a GZDoom Builder issue, honestly. Are those pillars sectors as opposed to void space? If that's the case, make sure they don't have F_SKY as a ceiling texture - that'll cause the upper sidedef to ignore its texture setting and just be drawn as sky instead.

11 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

Doesn't look like a GZDoom Builder issue, honestly. Are those pillars sectors as opposed to void space? If that's the case, make sure they don't have F_SKY as a ceiling texture - that'll cause the upper sidedef to ignore its texture setting and just be drawn as sky instead.

Thanks, that fixed it.  I dont know how I let that one slip