Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

a setting atmosphere

when we got our first computer my mother lived with a man named jim. anyway this guy had some issues, and he kept alot of stuff all over the house. we started out useing a tandy 1000 286 system, that laster until 1993 when they got a 486DX/88Mhz Dell system. this time it was placed in the basement. The basment was huge and parts of it reminded me of an under ground tomb. to add to the setting it was full of stuff and in a way resembled e2m2. it had poor lighting too. well come around spring, i think my mom bought a cd 10 pack for the computer. doom was one of the games. at first there was no sound, cause we didnt know how to install it. finally when we got sound i was blown away. the game came more to life. at times the game was so good in the basement i left because it was terrifing, hell i was 10 years old. sometimes i swore i could here imps. it was my favorite computer and room to game in. i have fond memories of that system.
sadly my mom left that guy 4 years ago, he never used the system. given his nature it is probaly still down there under a ton of boxes. I would love to have that system back, and to check out my old saves and other old things on it. my mom has some stuff over there she needs to get back, if i get the chance i will ask for that 486 too, damn that thing rocked.

share your best dooming experince, dooming rooms and systems

Well, not so much with doom, but Alien Resurrection on PSX has a nasty affect on me. When I first played it, I entered each room with a real sense of dread. every now and then you’d hear the sound of another marine screaming as he fired his pulse rifle in vane somewhere on the ship. there were time when I almost thought that a Xenomorph had escaped from my humble TV and was hiding somewhere in my house! I mean I was checking over my shoulder in real life! Once we had a blackout wile I was playing It… I could still here the motion tracker in my head.
bee-beeb. bee-beeb. bee-beeb. bee-beeb.

AvP and Avp2 were even better! although I playing Alien Resurrection in my lounge just seem to make things feel better.

when when i first played doom it did remind me of alien. those are great movies. never played the one for PSX.
once i played final fantasy VII so much i kept wakeing up and looking around. my cousin asked what i was looking for and i replied, i need my sword and materia

I also played doom for the first time on a Dell 486/88mhz. My sister downloaded off Boston College site. I played it for like 10 minutes then got bored with it. When we got the full version for Christmas I played it all the way through. I still have that computer and I bet Doom is still on the HDD.

When my family moved into our current house, I was given our old Compaq 586. I keep it in my room, which is painted dark blue with white fiberglass panels on the ceiling.

Heh, I tend to give (well, SELL) my parents computer stuff rather than the other way around :)

Anyway, the first system I remember running Doom on was a 386sx, 40mhz or something. As you can imagine, it was rather slow; the first add-on I ever remember playing, John Anderson's Crossing Acheron, was even worse than the regular levels ;)

I'm currently using an AMD 1700+, 384 megs RAM (soon to be 512), ATI Radeon VE, SB Audigy, two 40gb hard drives (one will be replaced with a 60gb drive), and various other stuff that doesn't affect Doom. Despite having this system, I still prefer ports that run in software mode to the fancy 3D ports ;)