• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bonnie

(idgames update 11/15) Pigeon Speedmapping 2 -- Too Many Birds

10 minutes ago, Breezeep said:

Symmetry +++

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00430715686701189526

First attempt, UV 100%. Space base theme with a really nice sky texture. Unusually lacking in nastiness, I am used to this authors maps killing me repeatedly. Although I was lucky to be able to squeeze through the imp/mancubus pincer to relative safety beyond. Didn't spot any major issues, maybe the STARG3 behind the exit was misaligned but I wasn't looking at it for long.

10 minutes ago, RjY said:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00430715686701189526

First attempt, UV 100%. Space base theme with a really nice sky texture. Unusually lacking in nastiness, I am used to this authors maps killing me repeatedly. Although I was lucky to be able to squeeze through the imp/mancubus pincer to relative safety beyond. Didn't spot any major issues, maybe the STARG3 behind the exit was misaligned but I wasn't looking at it for long.

Thank you for the feedback, but I can't seem to get the demo you posted to work on prboom.

G_ReadDemoHeader: Unknown demo format 31.

10 minutes ago, RjY said:

@Breezeep It's gzipped. I decided I couldn't be arsed with zip files today. I think 7zip can "open" it.

No problem at all and I haven't updated my 7zip in years.

I' ll try to do something for the second session. I need to get back in the speedmapping groove, I still like the maps I made for the Doomworld Speedmapping Sessions, I want to make maps like those again.

https://ufile.io/v7gwm

e -version 4

Name: Port of no return

Music: Game07.mid from Descent DOS.

Time: 2 hours 30 minutes.

Themes: Crates, maximum of 6 flats + 6 textures.

version 4
fixed teleportation bug.

version 3
made the distribution of ammo more balanced.
made the switch to lower the exit slightly kinder and fixed some texture errors.
fixed smaller errors.

version 2
fixed the bugs mentioned by RjY.
Added some semblance of difficulty between skill levels.
Added music Game07.mid from Descent DOS.
Added a plasmagun and chaingun in multiplayer.

... for some reason there is an erroneous step1 textures in doombuilder texture preview that I can not find in the map.

Edited by NeedHealth

here we go friends!!!!!!!!! wham bam thank you ma'am!!!!!!!!

BONUS THEMES:

• Only use cc4-tex.wad textures!!

AND/OR (since I don't want to force cc4-tex on anyone)

• Every adjoining sector must be a different height (at least 4 units difference)!!!

So here is the map I made

Name; Warehouse P-33

Format: Boom

Build time: 2 hours

Themes: 6 textures and flats (I think...), 46 monsters (There are only 34 in this version but if it can be held off til Monday for the compilation I can add some more :]), boxes (oh yes, lots of them!). I would have gone with the only cc4tex one too but it's not really possible to tell in Eureka which textures belong to which wad so I couldn't find any good cc4 door switch or floor textures in the time I had so I just used vanilla ones :( Once again if the compiling can be held off til Monday this can be changed

issues/concerns: I didn't get to do much testing but it's pretty safe to say the balance is probably pretty bad right now, once again this could be changed but for now you will probably have to rely a lot on infighting since there are a lot of enemies and not much ammo to deal with them  (then again maybe some people will like that haha). Oh also cc4tex is only added as a resource right now, I'm pretty sure this is kind of a big issue since you are supposed to have all the used textures bundled in your wad aren't you?

therektafire_pigeon_2_v1.zip

43 minutes ago, therektafire said:

Oh also cc4tex is only added as a resource right now, I'm pretty sure this is kind of a big issue since you are supposed to have all the used textures bundled in your wad aren't you?

Sorry about the delay, but no. It isn't required at all friend. This will be hopefully compiled long before Monday, but i'll be sure to include your updates in a future version of the compilation friend. c:

44 minutes ago, therektafire said:

Name; Warehouse P-33

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05284575269480352286

First attempt, one death, then a second "death" when I reached what was apparently a broken switch. First time I went very slowly given hint re: low ammo, punching monsters with unpowered fist and generally playing as boringly as possible, but I died by retreating from the second crate room when all hell followed me out. Second time I ran past everything as much as I could, then orbited the second crate room avoiding monsters until a switch was revealed. That opened a door behind which was a second switch which did not respond to my frantic hammering. Then the map reset: presumably I died and pressed use at the same instant. I gave up at that point.

3 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Sorry about the delay, but no. It isn't required at all friend. This will be hopefully compiled long before Monday, but i'll be sure to include your updates in a future version of the compilation friend. c:

Well i can only update the map on Monday since that is when i will be able to use a pc... Dosbox and DETH (or whatever the most recent DOS doom editor is) isn't really gonna cut it unfortunately, especially not on phone :( So unfortunately it would appear that the version in the post is going to be the final version, I could pm you what I want changed but I don't really want to inconvenience you like that. I'm pretty sure I already did when I got you to change the time 🙁 But I mean i guess I can if you have the time for it

1 minute ago, therektafire said:

Well i can only update the map on Monday since that is when i will be able to use a pc... Dosbox and DETH (or whatever the most recent DOS doom editor is) isn't really gonna cut it unfortunately, especially not on phone :( So unfortunately it would appear that the version in the post is going to be the final version

why is that

i just said that i'll include your updates in the compilation

it's just that i'm not gonna wait until monday to do the first compile friend

6 minutes ago, RjY said:

"death" when I reached what was apparently a broken switch

Uh oh, which one, the one with the spectres? That one works for me

7 minutes ago, RjY said:

First time I went very slowly given hint re: low ammo, punching monsters with unpowered fist and generally playing as boringly as possible, but I died by retreating from the second crate room when all hell followed me out

Well on second thought I might have overestimated the lack of ammo a bit, there is a secret with an SSG and box of shells that i forgot about that will probably help, but like you said that last room packs a hell of a punch :D IMO it is an improvement over my first speedmap since it is more fun because there are more enemies and you have to actually fight them this time because of the closed door and waiting for the wall blocking the switch to come down. But speaking of which...

11 minutes ago, RjY said:

Second time I ran past everything as much as I could, then orbited the second crate room avoiding monsters until a switch was revealed. That opened a door behind which was a second switch which did not respond to my frantic hammering

Oh no, that is the exit, I forgot to add the exit action... ugh I had a couple of minutes left after making the switches in the final room, I should have checked to see if they worked, instead I tried to fix some texture alignment problems (and there still are some), I really need to get my priorities straight man

18 minutes ago, bonnie said:

why is that

i just said that i'll include your updates in the compilation

it's just that i'm not gonna wait until monday to do the first compile friend

Ok I will pm you what i want to change :)

9 minutes ago, therektafire said:

Ok I will pm you what i want to change :)

please dont

i dont think you understand

i am going to compile the wad tonight or tomorrow

but people will still be updating their maps after i have made a compilation

so i will continually add those updates to the compilation before eventually uploading the fully updated compilation sometime later this week

so just do the changes on your own on monday friend

3 minutes ago, bonnie said:

please dont

i dont think you understand

i am going to compile the wad tonight or tomorrow

but people will still be updating their maps after i have made a compilation

so i will continually add those updates to the compilation before eventually uploading the fully updated compilation sometime later this week

so just do the changes on your own on monday friend

Oh ok, thank goodness, I really didn't want the map to be in the finished compilation in its current state that's for sure

@therektafire Always flip "passthrou" in the lindef options menu out of habit. I'll wager a guess you've missed that.

e- version 3

https://ufile.io/4e3dp

Name: Bedrock of Hate Music: GAME11.MID from descent DOS. Time: ~~3 hours Themes: maximum of 6 flats + 6 textures, Every adjoining sector must be a different height version 3 moved the blue key sliiiightly. This was very important for a linedef trigger. version 2 changed music to GAME11.MID from descent DOS. fixed texture misalignments. added a couple secrets

Edited by NeedHealth : was wrong map

I failed. My map is half completed after 2 hours of work, with basic layout, textures and switches all done, but I've yet to place things, align the textures and do a thousand small adjustments it probably needs, and I need to go to sleep right now. Oh well, that's what I get for trying to speedmap at night.

Nah @NeedHealth it is definitely a case of me not putting in the exit
switch action. What does passthru do anyway, does it bypass impassibleness? That certainly isn't an issue in this case since none of the lines in front of the switch are impassible.

It boils down to that zdoom is sloppy and allows stuff that no other engine would. Any switch action that crosses a lindef must have passthrou on that lindef otherwise it will not work in for example prboom.

Hm, well I tested my map in the latest release of prboom+ during what little testing I did and did not have any issues. I will take that advice though and add that to all the embedded switches in the map (and any future ones i make too of course)

Hoping is not too late:

Decgerr.png

walter-pigeon-v1.zip

Title: Hell of unmotivated mappers

Theme: 6 textures - 6 flats, 46 monsters limit

Build time: 2 hours and 15 minutes, started this 1 hour late from session start

Description: Some kind of e3 style map, mostly e3m1 and e3m7 aestethics and blatant ripoffs

Music: D_E3M2 from doom

@NeedHealth It's got absolutely nothing to do with passuse. The bug is that he didn't set the line to type 11 S1 Exit Level. Stop making baseless assumptions :).

hl5Com2.png

Well he was un-informed of the importance of flipping pass-throu so... at least I wasn't completely wrong in helping him. :-)

Name: Save Your Maps Often

Theme: 6 textures+flats, cc4-tex only, 46 monsters

Time: 2 hours (not including the lost map)

Music: Plusfort by Bucket (Plutonia MIDI Project Map06)

C6hDKjd.png

I lost my original map in a crash about an hour in, then used the remaining 2 hours to create this thing. I actually think it turned out better than the map-in-progress, but it could've definitely been more polished than this if I'd saved my progress.

v2: I realized that I only needed two more monsters to reach the 46 monsters theme so I did that.

v3: "You must include co-op starts"

v4: Okay, final update, I hope (lol). Fixed some geometry that I found unpleasant and made the texture alignment better.

v5.1 (final): even more carefully aligned textures. Also automap.

v5.2: No comment.

spie812_pigeon2_v5.2.zip

Edited by Spie812