Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

World Orifice

I am glad that you're taking time to signal that these are indeed TAS demos.  My only issue is how hard you doubled down on your stance, regardless of being aware of the dishonesty in the situation, then doing a silent 180 in 10 hours or less.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:41 PM, loveless said:

I honestly don't care if you're offended or not.  I was surprised to find out that you don't actually play and finish these maps, in these videos, in real time.  I have made several TAS demos myself and have never uploaded or shared with the impression of them being non-TAS.  Now I know that Tim Brown videos are TAS, by his own admission, and that is good enough for me.

About videos being TAS; if these maps were played with ZDoom-derived source ports, then they would not be TAS because they don't support that feature.

6 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

About videos being TAS; if these maps were played with ZDoom-derived source ports, then they would not be TAS because they don't support that feature.

Not quite. ZDoom derivative ports don't have built in tas-features, but you could still make tases with for example GZDoom if you really wanted.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, Looper said:

I've seen some old casual NES deathless playthroughs...

Interestingly enough, I really hate people pretends to be a good player because I got fooled by some TAS FC/NES runs without TAS labels.

One of the not-so-fun experience I got is that there was a really funny/stupid guy pretends to be good at Castlevania 1, who did a no damage run of Castlevania 1. He picked up a Dagger in a candle accidentally before Death, and proceed to finish the Death fight without taking damage. It's obviously fake because if you can no damage Death with your whip only, you are very likely to remember things from every candle. Then this guy didn't admit he used save/load features even though there are a lot of people arguing whether the run is single-segmented. This made me really hate TAS runs which pretends to be non-TAS. Of course, No Damage CV 1 runs are not that difficult to achieve when you know Holy Water pretty much stun locks all the bosses.

BTW, I obviously got fooled again. That's why I put these here.

9 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Not quite. ZDoom derivative ports don't have built in tas-features, but you could still make tases with for example GZDoom if you really wanted.

I wonder how that would be possible. Another thing is that when playing with ZDoom-derived source ports, I video capture using NVidia GeForce instead of creating .bat files to make demo files.

34 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I wonder how that would be possible.

And I'm not going to give away how it can be done, neither publically nor via PM so don't bother messaging me about this, because I have no interest in spreading knowledge that can be used in ways that fools the viewers of demos or videos for that matter.

The point I was looking to make was that ZDoom derivatives aren't the magic cure which ensures that whatever people are watching is 100% guaranteed to not be a TAS, because these ports can also be used to TAS, and you wouldn't even need a custom exe for that (which is as much as I'm willing to say about this in the first place).

And the fact that a custom exe isn't required is why I don't give away how to do it in to begin with, especially not when the vast majority of viewers believes that TASing with port XY isn't doable at all.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:58 AM, Nine Inch Heels said:

And I'm not going to give away how it can be done, neither publically nor via PM so don't bother messaging me about this, because I have no interest in spreading knowledge that can be used in ways that fools the viewers of demos or videos for that matter.

The point I was looking to make was that ZDoom derivatives aren't the magic cure which ensures that whatever people are watching is 100% guaranteed to not be a TAS, because these ports can also be used to TAS, and you wouldn't even need a custom exe for that (which is as much as I'm willing to say about this in the first place).

And the fact that a custom exe isn't required is why I don't give away how to do it in to begin with, especially not when the vast majority of viewers believes that TASing with port XY isn't doable at all.

You're not helping. From the research that I performed, I don't see anything about TAS in ZDoom-derived source ports. I only see TAS in Boom.

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

2 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

You're not telling me anything. From the research that I performed, I don't see anything about TAS in ZDoom-derived source ports. I only see TAS in Boom.

Because such methods wouldn't be referred to as TAS tools, seeing as nobody uses ZDoom for demos in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Because such methods wouldn't be referred to as TAS tools, seeing as nobody uses ZDoom for demos in the first place.

You could try recording a demo with ZDoom but you may run into some issues. For example, if you were to pause the game while recording, it displays the menu to you but it doesn't pause the game. In Boom, you can pause the game without any issues as that only records in-game movements, nothing else (let alone loading a saved game if you loaded a saved game). Most players who like recording stuff would use external software (such as Fraps) for recording maps if they are played with ZDoom-derived source ports.