Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Suicide attempt accidentally kills woman.

Recommended Posts

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/interstate-66-boy-jumps-overpass-woman-killed-apparent-suicide-attempt/

 

In what was believed to be a suicide attempt by a 12 year old, he jumped off a bridge, landing on a woman's SUV and ends up killing her. The person killed was going to university to help troubled youths. In a way I guess she did.

 

Its not the only suicide attempt that ended up killing someone else. Others who have jumped into busy traffic to kill themselves have ended up causing drivers to avoid them and kill others. I would suggest "get more fences on overpass walkways" but people that want to do things will find ways to do them as its no accident.

Edited by geo

Share this post


Link to post

This isn't going to help the kid at all, for the rest of his life he's going to think back on this.

 

The suicide attempts that freak me out the most are the ones where people jump out of a skyscraper and the wind ends up pushing them back into the same building on a much lower floor's window. They went far enough to finally be settled on ending it all, they start falling and could be thinking of god knows what, only to be pulled back into life. I don't even know what you would think in a situation like that.

Share this post


Link to post

If you're going to kill yourself, do it cleanly. I've always preferred [REDACTED]

You have a body( and a brain that is hardwired to want to survive). That body has a mass which will create a mess if you jump infront of something that moves - so let the mass be only for you and not some other guy. Terrible pun. I have read apparently people survive jumping the golden gate bridge with half a broken body then they drown. Jumping head first they flip around ending up standing or lying in the air when hitting water. Not fun me-thinks, better to [REDACTED]. In the end - when you go for it you have to remember that the human physical body is incredibly resilient. At worst you end up stuck in a broken husk for twenty years, then allowed to go to the Nether Lands and get euthanized. Terrible pun again, sorry.

 

People also seem to forget that you can not live for others if you can not live for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, wheresthebeef said:

The suicide attempts that freak me out the most are the ones where people jump out of a skyscraper and the wind ends up pushing them back into the same building on a much lower floor's window.

Wow, does that really happen?

Share this post


Link to post

There was a radiolab episode I listened to once where they discussed a study taken from survivors who attempted to commit suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. They were asked what their thoughts were while they were falling and 88% of them stated that they felt immediate regret. Thoughts about how their life really wasn't so bad, how they'd never see their children grow up, or how their friends and family will be mortified, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, wheresthebeef said:

This isn't going to help the kid at all, for the rest of his life he's going to think back on this.

 

The suicide attempts that freak me out the most are the ones where people jump out of a skyscraper and the wind ends up pushing them back into the same building on a much lower floor's window. They went far enough to finally be settled on ending it all, they start falling and could be thinking of god knows what, only to be pulled back into life. I don't even know what you would think in a situation like that.

In 2005 there was a man who decided to attempt suicide by parking his SUV on train tracks. Then he changed his mind. A train derailment killed 11 and injured 117. He now has 11 life sentences without parole for killing them.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Wow, does that really happen?

Supposedly yes. There was one in Chicago like 60+ years ago that happened where the person was pushed back through the glass and lived. The glass of a high rise is much thicker. Perhaps back then the glass was less thicker. I'm trying to find the story, but with people base jumping, suiciding and leaping off Sears Tower for Transformers 3 its tough to find it.

 

Meanwhile... my friend saw a jumper suicide maybe a decade ago. She was at a high rise party, hanging out on the balcony to smoke and a guy in a building across the street jumped and landed on a taxi below. There was no "I'm gonna jump you better come stop me" he just did it. Walked out, closed the door behind him, stood on the balcony and went head first. She still talks about how he was all in pieces.

Share this post


Link to post

This is actually a really upsetting story; a child (12) is suicidal, he wants to kill himself, he actually tries to kill himself, he survives (in an undoubtedly worse condition) but kills someone else by accident and now will have to live with that, the person his suicide killed wanted to help people struggling with suicidal thoughts and depression...

 

I almost don't believe it just on how fucked this entire thing is, just wow.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, geo said:

Meanwhile... my friend saw a jumper suicide maybe a decade ago.

holy christ. i always wondered how horrifying it would have been to be on the streets of NYC during 9/11. it sounds more traumatic than i ever would have seriously considered.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Awww man...why do people read depressing shit like this? Post pictures with cats instead.

Will it make the problem go away? Sorry, but you set yourself up for this question.

Share this post


Link to post

I can only wish everyone else who is suffering can have that special somebody there for them to bring their pain down. Since I realistically know such pain never truly goes away.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, EmotionalFelineinaMadstate said:

download.jpg.5a4e540790032685fd47638fa0b319c4.jpg

scared-kitten-shutterstock_191443322.jpg.173b0acbf5a5cc79def92c479b0b98a2.jpg

kitten-cuteness300.jpg.f4ec60bcd461d84a0317b1b8966815d2.jpg

I started a thread for kittens and generalized adorability.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

I'd love to have some of that accidentally woman.

 

Two things you should never do

 

1: kill yourself

 

2: make posts like this

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

 

Two things you should never do

 

1: kill yourself

 

2: make posts like this

hey , thats pretty good marcaek

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

If you're going to kill yourself, do it cleanly. I've always preferred [REDACTED]

You have a body( and a brain that is hardwired to want to survive). That body has a mass which will create a mess if you jump infront of something that moves - so let the mass be only for you and not some other guy. Terrible pun. I have read apparently people survive jumping the golden gate bridge with half a broken body then they drown. Jumping head first they flip around ending up standing or lying in the air when hitting water. Not fun me-thinks, better to [REDACTED]. In the end - when you go for it you have to remember that the human physical body is incredibly resilient. At worst you end up stuck in a broken husk for twenty years, then allowed to go to the Nether Lands and get euthanized. Terrible pun again, sorry.

 

People also seem to forget that you can not live for others if you can not live for yourself.

Many people don't know that when you shoot yourself in the head you're still alive.  You're just paralyzed, and it's not necessarily the wound that kills you as much as the damage to your brain and it no longer able to send proper signals.  Not in every instance, of course.  Like if you use a shotgun and manage to take most of your brain in one blow.  But many people don't, and the kick will sometimes move the shotgun and you'll literally just shoot off your face.

Share this post


Link to post

It seems this happens relatively often. Remember when I was at college in China, a student jumped from 7th floor and killed a passer-by and lived. That's why I always look for cover when I was walking in the campus...

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Flesh420 said:

Many people don't know that when you shoot yourself in the head you're still alive.  You're just paralyzed, and it's not necessarily the wound that kills you as much as the damage to your brain and it no longer able to send proper signals.  Not in every instance, of course.  Like if you use a shotgun and manage to take most of your brain in one blow.  But many people don't, and the kick will sometimes move the shotgun and you'll literally just shoot off your face.

Profile pic checks out.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

It seems this happens relatively often. Remember when I was at college in China, a student jumped from 7th floor and killed a passer-by and lived. That's why I always look for cover when I was walking in the campus...

If we're thinking about the same thing I either read about it or saw it on liveleak. Small world.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, NeedHealth said:

If we're thinking about the same thing I either read about it or saw it on liveleak. Small world.

Are you sure...? I don't know. There has been a gossip for my Chinese college that at least 2 per year commit suicide by jumping off high buildings, such as 8th floor of the dorm, or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, GarrettChan said:

Are you sure...? I don't know. There has been a gossip for my Chinese college that at least 2 per year commit suicide by jumping off high buildings, such as 8th floor of the dorm, or something like that.

Yeah. It was in a newspaper, though you say people jump every year. The one I am thinking of happened like eh, I honestly can't say the year but somehow it was pretty big stuff in the news for a very short while. I think the victim that died was a female though I am uncertain of the gender of the jumper.

Share this post


Link to post

The current global suicide pandemic is all very bleak, especially the horrible situations going on with youths in China (where it is so bad they actually have suicide nets in suicide "hotspots" like apartment complexes that have a high population of young factory workers and students).

 

It is a topic I'm genuinely upset about yet there's little I can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm just really confused by this accidentally woman comment. Through the immense flames of this dumpster, that comment is the most confusing. "Accidentally woman?"

 

I've heard that a lot of people who have survived suicide attempts immediately regret the decision.

 

No matter how tough life gets, suicide is never a good choice. Life is so ebb and flow and you never know what's around the next corner.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×