Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

Easiest way for BFG to hurt player?

I'd like to set it up so that you're vulnerable to BFG spray/tracers the same way you're vulnerable to a rocket blast.  What's the easiest way to set that up?

You don't. BFG tracers emit from the player in the first place, they can't logically hit the player with being 100% worthless.

Further reading:

Essentially, if you wanted to change that, you'd first need to change the key function of the BFG.

Edited by Edward850

I don't know if it would be worthless.  It's kind of the nuclear option if it hurts monsters as well.  It just forces you to strategize when you can afford to use it.

If it's impossible, is there an easy way to make the BFG potentially hurt the player when in a certain proximity to where it hits?  It does so in Complex Doom, but I can't find the code that causes it.

Just now, rabidrage said:

I don't know if it would be worthless.  It's kind of the nuclear option if it hurts monsters as well.  It just forces you to strategize when you can afford to use it.

It would turn the player into mulch before it hit any monster.

Well, useless or not, I'm looking for a way to do at least something similar.  A proximity-based effect that can damage the player if they're too close to where the BFG ball hits.

You could fire a BFG-like projectile, and then fire out a shit ton of new explosive projectiles in a cone that do splash damage.

Okay, so I was looking for the easiest way to do it, and I found it.  I added A_Explode to the death animation.  Simple and effective.