Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WARDUST

Heretyc HD mod (JHRP modified/upgrade)

Imade a pack of HD textures, with a personal taste, and a little free interpretation of the originals.

This pack includes diferent .pk3 to play with GzDoom port.

0HERETIC All_LiquidsGlow: contain def to make water and lava glow surface.

0HERETIC_brightmaps: contain some alterations for the models

0heretic-models: HDRP models with altered textures and definitions (HD golems, diferences on leader and gosht monsters, some script fixes)

0heretic-textures: All the vanilla textures changed to an HD ones. Some ot the they remain as the JHRP ones, but practically all the textures are new. Some of the textures are made by me, others are simply photoshop editions on a selection from the web. I hope you enjoy it.http://www.moddb.com/mods/wardust-heretyc-pack-modifications

29egevq.jpg

10cvkly.jpg

10pvayq.jpg

Regards!

Okay, first off, love the texture work. I do have one little nit-pick though, if you don't mind. The blue water tile texture in the last shot looks really odd with all the bigger brick textures nearby. Just kinda kills the flow, which might be more the fault of the level rather than the texture itself. Also, can't say I'm a big fan of the port being used either, but that's just personal preference. One other problem which is just the cross between the levels and HD textures in general is just the low level geometry kind of clashes with the higher resolution and detail of the textures. The only time I've ever liked HD textures in a Doom engine game is with Total Chaos, but at that point it's pretty much a labor of love so... yeah. Again, preference. That being said though, I'd really love to see how these would look in something like GZDoom so I'll probably take a look a little later.

On 31/10/2017 at 10:05 PM, Peanut said:

Okay, first off, love the texture work. I do have one little nit-pick though, if you don't mind. The blue water tile texture in the last shot looks really odd with all the bigger brick textures nearby. Just kinda kills the flow, which might be more the fault of the level rather than the texture itself. Also, can't say I'm a big fan of the port being used either, but that's just personal preference. One other problem which is just the cross between the levels and HD textures in general is just the low level geometry kind of clashes with the higher resolution and detail of the textures. The only time I've ever liked HD textures in a Doom engine game is with Total Chaos, but at that point it's pretty much a labor of love so... yeah. Again, preference. That being said though, I'd really love to see how these would look in something like GZDoom so I'll probably take a look a little later.

Yes, the low geometry doesn't help. anyway, i prefer hd textures. but there's a lot of work on pulish them.