Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
franckFRAG

Tangerine Nightmare [idgames link]

1 hour ago, Killer5 said:

In map03 something very odd happened where I just started walking through walls, fireballs going through me, etc.

Without looking at the demo, I guess you triggered an intercepts overflow aka the all-ghosts bug. I recommend you turn off its emulation in pr+ (page 6 of options->general, subtitle "emulation"). It generally has no benefit, other than completely breaking the map (and your recording of it) at a moment you are least expecting it.*

________

* Disclaimer because someone is bound to call me out if I don't mention it: in rare circumstances you may want to trigger an intercept overflow intentionally to allow recording a faster speed demo on a map where the effect has favourable consequences. But you would know if you were trying to do that, and would turn on emulation specifically for that purpose. Otherwise, as I say, I recommend to leave it off.

Some issues found in ZDaemon:

Map05:

https://i.imgur.com/k2gRZqj.png - tag 33 bars bugged, I don't really understand why though and haven't managed to replicate it yet. Maybe a player partially blocked them during movement?

There needs to be a way to bypass tag 52 bars in coop.

Map07:

Tag 667 lift didn't rise for some reason? Btw what's the point of triggers on linedefs 4598 and 4601?

Yeah, i would assume that a player has indeed blocked them during movement. Then again, it's not surprising heh. There were quite a bit of players haha. 

As for the other bars, yeah, ill add some teleporter somwhere heh

Fantastic mapset i really enjoyed playing through, not a single map that disapoints in any way.

Personal favs

7: probably the most non linear in the set with lot's of paths and branches to explore,  just right up my alley

10: very fun encounters especially considering it's a rocket centric map, final fight might be a bit chaotic though unless i've missed a secret weapon, i hope i've missed one :D

Bloody well done, cheers

oh, almost forgot, not much too report in term of bugs but spotted a hom in map 10

On 15/12/2017 at 1:55 AM, Memfis said:

Some issues found in ZDaemon:

Map05:

https://i.imgur.com/k2gRZqj.png - tag 33 bars bugged, I don't really understand why though and haven't managed to replicate it yet. Maybe a player partially blocked them during movement?

There needs to be a way to bypass tag 52 bars in coop.

Map07:

Tag 667 lift didn't rise for some reason? Btw what's the point of triggers on linedefs 4598 and 4601?

Yep , I forgot to remove these linedefs. The BFG was initially at the invulnerability's sphere location. But , the lift didn't rise maybe because you killed the last arachnotrons at the same time. Btw , thanks for the remarks !

Salut Mes Amis!

For your hard work, have my FDAS for the first 5 levels (I accidently recorded them in -complevel 9) the rest tomorrow! 05 does it's best to pull me under, but I prevail in the end :)

blooditekrypto_tn_01-05.zip

A very acute grasp of what makes engaging and addicting gameplay with intricate visuals to draw you in, as I've come to expect from the French Doom Community! The medieval theme reminds me of certain Quake mapsets, I'm glad this was extended to both the monsters and texturing!

My only complaint is no map by Oxyde! His levels are visually stunning and very challenging, the most memorable for me is MAP27 from 3 Heures d'agonie 2 which was a real bastard ;D

Here's the rest!

blooditekrypto_tn_06-10.zip

06 - A really cool map by JCD! It constantly keeps you on your toes with well positioned sniping monsters and keeps you wondering whats lurking behind every corner. However I was surprised at the amount of health on offer, very generous! Medkits often come in pairs and health is almost constantly nearby which prevents any build up of pressure and tension. I agree with Demonologist's assessment on the finale, it's easy to camp the corner provided you've got agile footwork to avoid the initial wave of revenants and manipulate monster movement to avoid getting trapped, but I can see how the current setup would prove challenging for average players. The cyber wasn't much of a threat, he can't reach you in the corner and he ends up helping you out killing the second wave instead! Maybe a mastermind in the first cave to limit the player's freedom of movement would be much more interesting, as you wouldn't be able to camp the corner then.

07 - This is a long FDA, but no deaths surprisingly :] I was really surprised this was by Roofi, a big improvement compared to 3ha3! An interesting non-linear design with different paths on offer and well positioned traps which keep you alert and watching your back. The challenge is just right and the resources balanced, the finale is questionable as you can camp the corner like the previous map, but the second wave with the Cacos and Pain Elementals forces you to reconsider!

08 - I managed to survive this through some miracle of tactical prowess and good luck. I actually exploited the last area, thinking this is probably an IoS finale as all french wads end with one, so I stayed silent as long as possible. The mountain ascent with blocking hordes is a cool setup as your encouraged to hurry with the spawning monsters bearing down on you, all it takes is one Archvile appearence in a bad spot to ruin your run.

10 - Then we have the highly anticipated Wilou submission! Where I struggle to conquer the orange cave then succumb to the other dreaded area as I couldn't work out the correct strategy on the spot. Then I had to quit as I ran out of time, I doubt I would have surpassed whatever lay behind the blue door on my first try :P I really appreciate the Pain Elemental usage in the orange cave, they prevent you from camping the corner and dodging fireballs, but force you to come out and swerve around the room adding a great degree of tension and anxiety, their inclusion is lethal given your forced to use the rocket launcher for the vast duration of the encounter.

The initial fight itself is very interesting, sticking to the corner only gets you so far, because the monster spawners come from both sides of the cave, so you'll eventually have to move and brave the marauding horde with very little movement room whilst desparately trying to snatch up rockets from the entryway. It comes down to positioning yourself in the right spots, for the right length of time to avoid getting trapped, then good skill in avoiding projectiles at close range and paying attention to monster movement so you can move between the thicket. Nothing wrong with the fight itself, I just didn't know what I was doing strategy wise, it really felt like playing some Death-Destiny carnage! You also appear to use HR2 midis often :P

Orange you guys going to put this on /idgames , Mr. Tangerine Man? [/bad pun]

Edited by Master O

3 hours ago, Master O said:

I thought the wad was just going to consist of French people surrendering to Hell. [/sarcasm]

Actually I'm expecting it to be arty and postmodern as all hell. The French can make anything look like high art, which I can't help kinda loving them for.

That's right, internet, I have nice things to say about the French. lol

FDAs on HMP for up to Map07 (played some, but didn't beat map07 yet tho): noisy_Tn_rc1.zip

complevel 9 in prboom+

Lots of deaths, as usual.  For some reason people sometimes watch my demos so i record and post anyways.

These are fun.  I like the stuff the French doomers churn out.  I didn't beat everything yet, but I like it so far.  I'm gonna take a break from the mapset for a bit before I continue the last stretch.

Hello, 
After about a month of hard work, here is the RC2 Release for Tangerine Nightmare. 

I'm not gonna detail all the changes considering the fact that there are quite a lot. However, here are the notable fixes/updates: 

-Modified palete /colormap 
-Various fixes to maps (mostly coop and gameplay tweaks)
-tninfo.txt added 
-Last lumps added (GFX, Enddoom, etc...) 

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t53ly85eweb4qc1/Tn_rc2.zip?dl=1
This version is pretty much the final release, do not hesitate to point out the last few bugs you may find so that we can be ready for the idgames release. 

Enjoy ! 

PS: Franck gave me permission to post this of course :D 

MAP07:
There are 2 coop archviles (things 117 and 792) which can blast players from the area with sectors 1775-6 and make them stuck. I guess the cacodemons placed in sector 1036 aren't supposed to be blocked from approaching you so making the surrounding lines blocking may not be the best solution.

MAP08:
I suppose you can leave the area with Romero's head open to projectiles if you want to allow some possible speedrun tricks but other than those tricks being pretty RNG-based the area causes some problems for coop. First, the map needs disabled freelook to avoid an early exit, which is something that most people hosting servers are not even going to check for. Second, I've already saw the map exited accidentally twice (once with custom monsters, though), I assume with some stray rocket, which is another thing you might want to avoid.

I have also wanted to report the health potions in MAP01 that you couldn't pick up because they are apparently deep in the ground but I see that's fixed now. How did you even achieve a bug like that?

3 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

I have also wanted to report the health potions in MAP01 that you couldn't pick up because they are apparently deep in the ground but I see that's fixed now. How did you even achieve a bug like that?

I just moved slightly these items :)

I think that @loveless will be pleased to know that I lowered the difficulty of the map08, and that I added a BFG in a secret, before entering in the IoS area :)

Edited by franckFRAG

Hey!

We believe releasing TN this weekend, or the next week, but for this, we need some new feedbacks... Maybe there are still some persistent bugs :) The last comments were corrected.

continuing with fdas. maps7 through some of 10: noisy_Tn_rc2_7-10.zip

prboom+ cl2; skill 3; version rc2

uhhhh... i think i broke the icon of sin map (map08)?  check out how i beat it.  I was bfg spamming and died, but my last bfg blast demolished the icon.  A win is a win! i'll take it.  also, lots of stuck monsters at one point.  not sure if bug.

also, i didn't beat map10 but seemed fun.  i might go back to play this on uv with saves in future.

Yeah looks like map03 was inserted between map02's REJECT and BLOCKMAP.

7689836        0 MAP02
 7689836     2740 THINGS
 7692576    44464 LINEDEFS
 7737040   143550 SIDEDEFS
 7880590    14044 VERTEXES <- map02, left extent == -2352
 7894634    67140 SEGS
 7961774     7852 SSECTORS
 7969626    54936 NODES
 8024562    13988 SECTORS
 8038550    36181 REJECT
 8074731        0 MAP03
 8074731     4740 THINGS
 8079471    94864 LINEDEFS
 8174335   336750 SIDEDEFS
 8511085    29852 VERTEXES <- map03, left extent == -3904
 8540937   156672 SEGS
 8697609    18628 SSECTORS
 8716237   130368 NODES
 8846605    28782 SECTORS
 8875387   153182 REJECT
 9028569    25772 BLOCKMAP <- map03's blockmap, bmaporgx==-3904
 9054341    16048 BLOCKMAP <- map02's blockmap, bmaporgx==-2352

The first of the two BLOCKMAP lumps following map02 (length 25772) has x-origin matching the left extent of map03 (-3904), the dangling second BLOCKMAP lump (length 16048) has x-origin -2352 which matches the left extent of map02. Conclusion: map03 was inserted into the wad between map02's REJECT and BLOCKMAP.

7 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

Doubt if map10 is for pistol start. Cannot see a single armor for a long time.

It is.