Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kapanyo

how does one go about getting rid of the shitty performance created by Intel hardware or possibly win10

So, I have a laptop. It can run most last-gen games pretty okay (TF2 etc.) (I know that's not necessarily helpful but it's worth mentioning I don't have a complete toaster)

It's also worth noting that none of these were problems before.

Whenever I run programs that use OpenGL (Doom Builder, GZDoom), some horrible form of antialiasing is used which turns textures on surfaces into blurry messes the further away they are from the camera.

Strangely, this problem is disguised in GZDoom by turning antialiasing on. It's less like it's blurring the textures and more like it's downscaling them, THEN blurring them. I'll try to grab some screenshots to illustrate this.

Also, when using programs at lower resolutions than my screen (I want to run GZDoom like that, and also Yume Nikki is a low-res game), my computer antialiases it and turns it from clean pixels into... yeah, blurry stuff.

The only exception is Choco Doom, but that doesn't count because I run it at 1366x768 (my laptop's native) yet that's supposed to draw the game at 320x200.

Also, more alarmingly, if I try to play Zandronum using the OpenGL renderer, the game stutters and slows to 2 frames per second. It's perfectly fine running GZDoom on a map with quite a few dynamic lights.

Finally, if I try playing Doom 64 EX, it'll work great, until it has to perform one of its special fading/blurring screen transitions (I.e. level end or restarting after dying), at which point it runs so slow that windows claims it's stopped responding and it crashes. Also, there's a lengthy pause before it can bring up the menu.

There are two possibilities: either my Intel 3000 thingimajig is giving me sudden problems, or Windows 10 is (I'm fairly certain they started sometime after I upgraded).

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Kapanyo said:

laptop.

Intel 3000 thingimajig

Windows 10 

Sounds like you need a new machine.

How old is it, because keep in mind laptops break easily and fast (especially if you play games at all)

flood+meme.jpg

The card was barely supported on win 8.1 (More like old drivers luckly work mostly fine than actually supported), You are lucky it even works on win 10 (drivers). I don't think you should've upgraded to win 10 with that machine.

Is it Intel HD 3000 or Intel GMA 3000? GMA is like the older version of Intel HD and they suck ass, if it is GMA you would definitely be better off buying a new pc if you don't have the money or time or knowhow to build your own

Dynamite... lots of dynamite.

5 hours ago, therektafire said:

Is it Intel HD 3000 or Intel GMA 3000? GMA is like the older version of Intel HD and they suck ass, if it is GMA you would definitely be better off buying a new pc if you don't have the money or time or knowhow to build your own

HD.

Also, I was under the impression that it'd be able to handle graphically basic OpenGL programs when it can run the supposedly poorly-optimized Source games fine, but I guess that doesn't matter?

Thanks everyone, I did get the idea that win10 might have crippled my machine. I guess this proves it.