Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Recommend me Anime!

If he's looking for something to help him fall asleep, Mushishi would be my #1 pick. It's beautiful and very relaxing, about a traveling medicine man. If that fits the bill, the old Kino's Journey series from the early 2000s is also worth a try. They're both also mostly episodic, so there's not much need to follow a plot from one episode to the next.

Some slice-of-life shows like Flying Witch could also apply.

Darn, this one's tough... I would go for Evangelion, but the dialogue is pretty much a neccessity to read or watch in order for the story to work

ummm... Have you tried Fractale or Mushishi. 

Fractale is pretty obscure but it fits your criteria a bit.

Mushishi is a good one too.

Maybe Gintama if you haven't seen it. (It's pretty funny)

15 hours ago, SOSU said:

No cutesy artstyle (so you can't recommend 99% of anime XD )

No pederast shit >:O (series full of fanservice or weird shit like pedophilia and incest)

No covoluted plots (he is half asleep when we watch anime so lotgh levels of dialogue are a bit too much)

Given that those seem to be the usual reasons people would prefer anime over western cartoons... would you consider Pirates of Dark Water, Gargoyles, or maybe even Inhumanoids?  Those are all a notch above the "dumb show for dumb kids" stigma that western toons usually have, in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Neurosis said:

Ergo Proxy

Dude, I fucking loved Ergo Proxy!

Also, I'll throw in a recommendation for Psycho-Pass.

I wanted to ask for anime recommendations, so I hope nobody minds me bumping this thread.

Spy x Family's Season 2 has just started and it is as delightful as ever, but I am looking for other animes to watch while I wait for the next episode. I am not really into shonen animes these days, so no One Piece, Bleach, Naruto/Boruto, One-Punch Man and such for me.

Any more suggestions?

Nothing else to recommend in particular but just wanted to post those shots, because oh my god the style. 

6a7fba6f00fecaa298a413072e18ee7e.jpg

h280_47632233.jpg?21614791207

Oddtaxi

Paranoia Agent

Vinland Saga

Gundam: 0083

Samurai Champloo

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End

Edited by Lizardcommando

Ghost in the Shell is still one of my favorites.

I remember liking the Stand Alone Complex series.

On 11/1/2017 at 11:38 PM, SOSU said:

No child main characters (he can't stand children in any kind of media)

No pederast shit >:O (series full of fanservice or weird shit like pedophilia and incest)

I find it funny how this needs to be clarified, but I can completely understand why it needs to be clarified...

23 hours ago, Rudolph said:

I wanted to ask for anime recommendations, so I hope nobody minds me bumping this thread.

Spy x Family's Season 2 has just started and it is as delightful as ever, but I am looking for other animes to watch while I wait for the next episode. I am not really into shonen animes these days, so no One Piece, Bleach, Naruto/Boruto, One-Punch Man and such for me.

Any more suggestions?

I recommend Rakshasa Street (aka Zhen Hun Jie). It's one of the first Chinese animes trying to make a foray Worldwide (2016).

If you can get the past the average animation -it's a budget anime- Rakshasa Street might surprise with: 

a gripping story and a solid soundtrack. Furthermore the Chinese Mythology is quite refreshing. 

I liked it so much I wrote a review for it on myanimelist (here). 

Sonic X. It's so bad it's good. Just stick to the original Japanese anime and forget the 4Kids ripoff. The OST is not bad though.

Well i was going to say When they cry but that's off the table.

Hmmm.

Here some i can think of off top of my head.

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Black Clover

Black Lagoon (dose have some heavy adult situations from time to time)

Hunter x Hunter

Fairy Gone

One Piece (I don't know if that falls under the already known anime)

That's all i can think of for now.

Baccano!

(This does break the "no convoluted plots" rule, but it's a hidden gem otherwise just for the relatively-complex plot and its usual mix of action with comedy as is known for the original author's works. Not to mention the great OST.).

the only anime (shows) ive ever watched:

• one punch man
  • little witch academia

uhm, both are oddly kind of skewerings of their respective genres to me (superhero world and magic academy). One Punch Man is much much funnier to me than Little Witch Academia but the latter is also way cuter. I also appreciate LWA having a cast of characters who are vastly more female than otherwise but theres virtually no fanservice.

1 hour ago, OliveTree said:

little witch academia

I saw that one! Pretty nice, although I was disappointed by the English dub's comical lack of British accents despite the setting. Also, I do not think the series needed a big bad nor an explanation for Akko's inability to use magic; the show's second half is weaker because of that.

11 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

You should see my anime wall. My wife has problems with it. 

Why, does she get angry at all the waifus on it? If that's the case, then..

Spoiler

thats understandable..

IMG-20231015-022309.jpg