Your favorite anime?

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Definitely a fantastic series with one of the very best endings I've ever seen, although I wish it didn't have so many tonally inconsistent comedic moments. Why do so many anime need to be injected with slapstick humour when it's completely unwarranted? Even Berserk does this a few times. 

I couldn't get through FMA Brotherhood. The "wacky yelling and overreaction humor" cutaways happening every 10 seconds in response to every little thing really grated on me. I'm glad that that sort of style seems to have mostly fallen out of favor nowadays.

13 hours ago, Ajora said:

Definitely a fantastic series with one of the very best endings I've ever seen, although I wish it didn't have so many tonally inconsistent comedic moments. Why do so many anime need to be injected with slapstick humour when it's completely unwarranted? Even Berserk does this a few times. 

Likely so that it tries to lighten up the tone of the series. FMAB might have done this in an awkward manner to you, but to me it didn't feel like too much of an annoyance.

Berserk can be explained as well, considering how dark it is as a whole, it makes sense to try to lighten up the mood.

1 hour ago, ZALGO said:

Likely so that it tries to lighten up the tone of the series. FMAB might have done this in an awkward manner to you, but to me it didn't feel like too much of an annoyance.

Berserk can be explained as well, considering how dark it is as a whole, it makes sense to try to lighten up the mood.

The thing about Berserk is that it only veers into quirky comedic territory for maybe only two or three moments. Why even bother at all? I'm not saying that you can't have some jokes in a macabre fantasy story, just have the sense not to take a sledgehammer to the prevalent mood of the series. 

Edited by Ajora

Been a while since I last watched a series but either way, so far my favorites include:

• Hellsing Ultimate.
  • Drifters.
  • One Punch Man.
  • Monogatari Series.
  • Log Horizon.
  • Overlord.
  • Re:Zero.
  • Death Note.
  • Noragami.
  • Assassination Classroom.
  • Bakugan.
  • Boku no Hero Academia.
  • Black Butler.
  • Akame ga Kill.

I would've also included Mirai Nikki but Yuki just fucking ruined that series for me, it's exactly that kind of useless and frustrating characters I despise. I also enjoy Tokyo Ghoul, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Another, D Gray Man, Date A Live, and a couple more I did not mention, but I would not count them among my favorites. And I could never get into anime like Dragon Ball and One Piece.

Edited by Agent6

Favorite anime huh?

• Watamote
  • Mirai Nikki
  • Higurashi (Excluding Kira)
  • Jigoku Shoujo
  • Another
  • Death Note
  • Kill la Kill
  • Baccano
  • Yakitate Japam
  • Nichijou
  • Lucky Star
  • Assassination Classroom

I'm only a few episodes in, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure might be one of my favourite anime. Pretty much everything about it is incredible so far. 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:42 AM, Agent6 said:

• Hellsing Ultimate.
  • Drifters.
  • One Man Punch.
  • Monogatari Series.
  • Log Horizon.
  • Overlord.
  • Re:Zero.
  • Death Note.
  • Noragami.
  • Assassination Classroom.
  • Bakugan.
  • Boku no Hero Academia.
  • Black Butler.
  • Akame ga Kill.

I see some good selections here. 

1 person likes this

To be honest I don't think I even have a favorite anime, but I grew up with DBZ and despite its flaws I still have a minor soft spot for it.

Fullmetal Alchemist, Blue Exorcist and some animes from the Miyazaki.