Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Whispering Iron.wad

Name: Whispering Iron

IWAD: Doom II

Format: Boom

Music: A really funky MIDI by Yafkak that I can't remember the name of

Earlier today I made a speedmap for CSonicGo's birthday. It was a little unpolished, so I decided to tart it up a bit more and streamline the gameplay. I'm actually quite proud of this one. =) Enjoy!

Screenshot_Doom_20171104_214018.png

FDA complevel -1 prboom-plus 2.5.1.3

i weaseled my way into an inescapable box.  that means I won the map.  that's how i score my playthroughs, at least.

actually the map was okay, the highlight for me was the hell-knight setup with the rising metal stumps.

(P.S just played the rest of the map; fucked up and died to the mancubus at teh end, meh close enough.)

noisy.WhispIron.zip

3 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

In which slot is the map? It doesn't seem to work with me.

MAP01 of Doom II, same as always. Seems to work fine for me. :/

It worked now, apparently it doesn't recognize the wad without (") symbols, don't ask me why... must be like this: glboom-plus.exe -file "Whispering Iron.wad" -complevel 9

Well the map was ok, the barons trap would be the highlight in my case. With all due honesty I wasn't a fan of the pistol/shotgun only for almost everything. On my first run I died at the RK trap because I tried to escape. At the end there were two mancs, one got stuck on the elevator, ergo an easy kill, but I wasn't counting on a second one, which I had to ignore because of lack of ammo and I was about to die. One last thing, what's the purpose of the secret? 

Anyway, demo: WI-hmp.zip. You'll see me archie-jumping in a negative way, that was new but I didn't want to restart because of that. Also, are skills implemented?

Heh, the secret is completely useless. I just felt like including it for a good giggle.

Also no, skill levels aren't in place. I'm lazy. =)

14 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

It worked now, apparently it doesn't recognize the wad without (") symbols, don't ask me why... must be like this: glboom-plus.exe -file "Whispering Iron.wad" -complevel 9

The space between whispering and iron is what caused the quotes to be needed. Alternatively you could delete the space or add basically any other character in order to not use quotes; this of course would also have to be done to the file's name, too, as they do have to be the same.

I hope to be able to play all these sweet maps coming out some time soon :) an_mutt's words on your other map in the discord were awesome.