Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Out of the loop: what good releases we had since March?

Recommended Posts

So, welcome back to all of those who remember me! It was hard for me to get used to the new design of the site back in March, so I decided to take a break but now I feel it's time to "return".

 

Obviously, I lack the capacity to go through half a years of posts and comments, so I'd like to hear your opinions: which were the releases through spring, summer and the current part of autumn that were either big, fun, or both?

 

What did I miss during this time?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Katamori said:

Obviously, I lack the capacity to go through half a years of posts and comments,

Perhaps read just through the Cacowards 2017 Mentionation Thread. March was on page 5, so start from that point onwards.

Share this post


Link to post

Super Mayhem 17 is a fun Mario themed megawad that it surprisingly coherent in quality and style.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

Perhaps read just through the Cacowards 2017 Mentionation Thread. March was on page 5, so start from that point onwards.

Oh yes, I was considering it but didn't know where to start. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Oscillation by Forli, played first four maps, got amazed. Great mapset. Excellent detail.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Memfis said:

Super Mayhem 17 is a fun Mario themed megawad that it surprisingly coherent in quality and style.

 

You're right. It is suprisingly coherent.  I was expecting it to be terrible.

Share this post


Link to post

The Joy of Mapping 4 was quite a fun experience, in comparison to the rest of them which mostly felt like a first-wad compilation.

Skulldash Expanded Edition is really good too, the new maps are incredible.

Void and Rainbow is a flashy adventure through a fun and colorful map.

 

Those are just off the top of my head right now, there's many more great wads that came out and you should definitely check the Cacowards menitonation thread as scifista recommended.

Welcome back!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Terminus said:

The Joy of Mapping 4 was quite a fun experience, in comparison to the rest of them which mostly felt like a first-wad compilation.

Skulldash Expanded Edition is really good too, the new maps are incredible.

Void and Rainbow is a flashy adventure through a fun and colorful map.

 

Those are just off the top of my head right now, there's many more great wads that came out and you should definitely check the Cacowards menitonation thread as scifista recommended.

Welcome back!

lol. I was going to mention skulltag.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, DemonusDefunctus said:

lol. I was going to mention skulltag.

Skulldash.  Skulltag definitely didn't come out in the last six months!

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Bauul said:

Skulldash.  Skulltag definitely didn't come out in the last six months!

Oh my.....I dun goofed. Thanks Bauul

Share this post


Link to post

I'd have to give a shoutout here to @Ermin's Solace Dreams - really pushes the engine in a totally new direction. Also is the first mod I've seen to make extensive use of voxels!

 

 

13 hours ago, DemonusDefunctus said:

lol. I was going to mention skulltag.

Skulldash: Expanded Edition* :P
 

Share this post


Link to post

Return to Daro, Confinement 256, Plutonia 3, Cyber Scurry, Low Memory are all quite good

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017. 11. 06. at 2:42 AM, Litrivin said:

Revilution, for example, was finished once and for all.

https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/18810-aaa/

 

 

You kidding?? Holy shit I must try that.

 

On 2017. 11. 05. at 11:35 PM, Obsidian said:

Also holy shit, welcome back dude! Good to see you. :)

<3 can't promise that I stay active but whatever, I'll try. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×