Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

Tales from Texas: The Book

Plenty of people were speculating from my shitposting that there would be another 32in24 going on this past Sunday. And sorry to disappoint, no Guy Fawkes themed mapping came. What I did instead was write a book. Well, I mean, I had been writing the book over a period of years, but pdk requested I make it so it'd be around in time for Christmas.

So without further ado, buy the Tales from Texas book!

My description from the shop page:

A Doom community web comic brought to print, this book documents the rise and fall of the Skulltag (now Zandronum) community from the perspective of a former admin. Features 58 pages of full color MS Paint artwork including all 50 TFT comics, a brief foreword, commentary for each comic, and probably plenty of errors as I compiled it in just a few hours!

And that's that. I tried to write it so non-Doom people wouldn't be totally lost, but I'm sure I failed miserably on that. Sorry about the price, turns out color books are expensive to print. I'll see about making an ebook version if anyone's interested. Or if you just wanna look at the comics, they're still at http://cb-sc.com/doomstuff as always, they aren't going anywhere. If a couple hundred of you buy the book it might even begin to approach what I've spent on servers all the years I've been hosting the comic! ;)

But really, this is just for anyone who really liked the comic and wanted it on their coffee table. Enjoy!

12 minutes ago, Memfis said:

$35 for shitty mspaint drawings. icon_mad.gif

Should be $32.24 right?

I'm seeing the actual price as £24.39..so close :D

I discounted it as cheaply as it would let me since people were complaining. I now make a staggering 16 cents on each book. Should be $27.99 in the US plus shipping.

49 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Well mine arrived. And... uhh...

P_20171120_112056.jpg

P_20171120_112103.jpg

Holy shit this is amazing. People will think you're really boring and grown up by having a coffee table book about moss, and then they'll open it up...

And you know what this means, right? Some poor sap who ordered a book about moss got a TFT cover.

But you should probably contact Lulu and give them a hard time.

4 minutes ago, Shaikoten said:

And you know what this means, right? Some poor sap who ordered a book about moss got a TFT cover.

I love the idea of trapping people with the lichen cover, but this is the most terrifying yet exciting outcome of this fiasco. I wholeheartedly approve!

8 minutes ago, Shaikoten said:

But you should probably contact Lulu and give them a hard time.

Indeed, already did so. Although hopefully they don't ask for this one back. It's now the most valuable copy of TFT in the world.

New book arrived, cover is correct this time (and yes I checked, the inside pages are also TFT, not Moss & lichen).

P_20171201_140046.jpg

I also still have the Moss&Lichen-cover one as well.

What a sweet deal! Two for the price of one, one being a limited collector's edition! Very jealous.

At Quakecon this year, @Shaikoten hinted that he'd be open to a rerelease of the book if there was enough interest. I put together a stupid spreadsheet to gauge how many people would actually give him money if he went to all the trouble of redesigning the book for sale once again. He sold them for $27.99 originally, but if he's going to go to all that trouble, he should probably make a few bucks on it... I'm just spitballing, but $40+S/H is a likely price point for a niche book like this.