Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Eagle Speedmapping Sessions 8 - Memesis (BETA COMPILAT)

BUMP: DOWNLOAD HERE! Eagles 08 - MEMESIS!

READ THE SPOILER IF YOU ARE PREPARED FOR A WALL OF TEXT.

With this session everything will be back in order. Most sessions are on /idgames now (6th is awaiting texture imports, 7th is in incoming as of writing this). So I have to, obviously, touch down on a few things.

Think of this session as the rebirth of Eagle Speedmapping Sessions. No more drama, no more late compilations, no more missed dates, no more arguments, no more reliance of others to complete things. More organizer participating (:D), more fun, better themes, and I hope a good atmosphere.

I know I kinda screwed up badly in the past month. made a stupid argument out of nothing, got mad about it and started assaulting people. Didn't upload 4 month old sessions, drama was just the tip of the iceberg. After the session, I took a minute to rethink everything. And I asked myself the question: Do I even want to keep these going? Who even likes these anymore?

After thinking some more, I came back here, and saw people participating. They didn't care about the themes being a bit more worse than usual. Didn't care about the recent drama. They participated to have fun and to strengthen their skills. That's why made me continue doing these. Because there are people who genuinely like these. There are people who care for these.

Me included, to be fair. Every weekend I'm grossed out for not participating. Got called out a lot for that, and I can see why - if the organizer doesn't participate, it looks like he doesn't care much. But now I care a lot, and I know the huge meaning of these session for some. Still, I won't be able to participate this session, either. However, I'll do my best to organize these in the best time manageable, and to participate myself whenever possible.

To whoever managed to read through all this, I thank you for reading and I hope I've somehow cleared up all this drama. I just want to forget about everything that and leave it be. Obviously it happened but now we must live in the present and look to the future, instead of the past.

Will be held on the 18th November, 2017.

BASIC RULES:

- You'll have 2 hours to finish the map, however the borderline is 3 hours if your project is that ambitious

- The maps should be Boom compatible and playable in -complevel 9 in order to increase flexibility. You don't have to use Boom actions if you don't want to.

- You'll get three themes when the session starts to ensure fair play. The bonus, last session will also contain a bonus theme

- You'll need to incorporate at least one theme in your map!

CUSTOM TEXTURES:
- I give you full freedom to use any textures you want. However, keep in mind two things:

• If you're confident in your skills and have done this before, add the used textures in your WAD yourself.
  • If you're not really sure about doing it, link the pack(s) from which you used textures. I'll compile the textures in myself.

- Custom skies aka sky transfers are permitted. Keep in mind they could make outdoor teleporter traps and actions buggy. Also you should include a 3 letter prefix (NAZ_SKY for myself, BZZ_SKY for bzzrak for instance) on skies. Yes I basically copied this text but nvm

So, the first session will be held on 2:00 PM New York time, or 7:00 PM Central European Time and the second session will be held 12 hours after. This is the most adaptable time I found because the 12 hour window covers almost the whole globe nicely.

for navigation - http://everytimezone.com

DISCORD SERVER (please join, it's really desolate):https://discord.gg/usQDVGd

Edited by NaZa

There is drama.  But are there sweet sweet memes?

Hey @Suitepee what is your usual streaming schedule? I keep wanting to watch your streams but missing them... :( This was particularly annoying when it came to the last Pigeon and Eagle streams since I wanted to talk about my maps

Oh and the time seems pretty good to me, will probably be able to participate, maybe I will be able to make a (good) map that takes more than 1 minute to beat this time 😓...

Edited by therektafire

Just to clarify - most of you are good with GMT, so sessions will be 6 pm GMT, Saturday and 6 AM GMT, Sunday. Basically two-day sessions for Europeans heh. 

Quick update - I'll hold on for ANIMATED and SWITCHES for now - no custom switches or animated textures. You may use cc4-tex switches or animated textures if you really want to (WFALL comes to mind), but SW1COMM is also very versatile :) 

The reason for that is because I'm still kinda fresh in compiling this stuff and I don't want to get it all wrong in a session. I can compile textures now which is a huge success, but I'll practice a bit before I allow switches and anims.

I hope you undestand. 

Damn. They're way easier to manage than textures, please look into it. 

(I can compile those for ya as I'm gonna end up compiling everything anyway heheheheh if you can't) :] <3

14 hours ago, NaZa said:

Quick update - I'll hold on for ANIMATED and SWITCHES for now - no custom switches or animated textures. You may use cc4-tex switches or animated textures if you really want to (WFALL comes to mind), but SW1COMM is also very versatile :) 

The reason for that is because I'm still kinda fresh in compiling this stuff and I don't want to get it all wrong in a session. I can compile textures now which is a huge success, but I'll practice a bit before I allow switches and anims.

I hope you undestand. 

We can also using the old doom switches lumps, right?

If by that you mean UDoom lumps, sure. They're in cc4-tex.wad I think. 

You can use animated textures and switches from cc4-tex.wad but don't use any other just yet. 

They're also in doom2, as a switches texture placeholder...

Cattura.PNG

Edited by Walter confetti

On 07/11/2017 at 9:52 AM, NaZa said:

Just to clarify - most of you are good with GMT, so sessions will be 6 pm GMT, Saturday and 6 AM GMT, Sunday. Basically two-day sessions for Europeans heh. 

So, five minutes? It has just passed 17:55 GMT.

Yes, exactly five minutes. 

Because I'm about to leave, I'll give the themes now. I hope they're a bit better than last time, heh. 

THEMES
- Birthday cake in a secret (I'll be thankful c:) 
- No keys
- No more than 10 tags used

here we go:

wat.zip

Title: Boxy layouts are unbeatable

Themes: No doors, < 10 tags

Build time: 1 hour and half, including removing the first layout draft and rebooting 2 times my laptop because the keyboard started acting weirdly after testing it.

New Music: Rise of the triad by Lee Jackson

New Textures: Yes, from here (malice textures)

Test this thing better than i can do, enjoy and feedback is highly appreciated, have fun!

Edited by Walter confetti

Well here is my map. There is some good news and bad news. The good news is that everything works like it should this time (I think), all the switches animate, the exit works, nothing gets stuck anywhere. The bad news is I got to thing placement last which is kind of an issue since A) there is very little ammo on the map, again, and B) I designed the areas for somewhat larger scale encounters and there aren't very many enemies in a couple of areas right now so you just get to look at a mostly flat cave room 😁 And of course I spent all the time I had to work on it today and can't update it tomorrow so if there are any problems they will just be stuck there for the time being... Basically I am just putting this up to show I did get through with it mostly lol

Name: Winter's Timidity

Build time: 2 hours

Themes: no keys, 10 tags, will probably add birthday cake secret when I get the chance

Cc4-tex is used in this map but as an external resource. Also no new music just yet

winterstimidity.zip

I was watching a stream while making this and I also got interrupted multiple times including an anoying update that forced me to reboot the computer, the result is a barely playable complete mess of a map but you can add it to the wad if you think that it's better than nothing.

Title: Memess

Time: No idea, I started when the session began but I can't have spent more than 90 minutes actually mapping and testing, so 2 hours maybe?

Music: sparkman's theme (megaman 3)

Themes: All 3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bkkcfa2962b7g5a/SPDMP8.zip

Edited by Forli

Alrighty then!

M7XOH15.png

Title: Tek Gone Bad

Time: 3 hours

Music: Title Theme from Journey to Silius (Lunatic intermission music)

Theme: No keys (I ended up using way more than 10 tags) v2: Cake!

The floor was originally supposed to lower twice, but I ran into some serious issues with that. Instead I did something a little different. Only tested with iddqd because I suck at Doom today. Hope you enjoy anyway!

V2: Minor fixes and added a cake. Demo compatibility probably not lost (rdwpa's works fine).

V3: The cake linedefs were tagged as a door for some reason.

tekgnbad.zip

Edited by Spie812 : Reason for edit

9 minutes ago, Forli said:

download link?

I'm dumb. Just a second.

e: added to original post

Edited by Spie812