Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kafelnikov

Newbie Questions

Hi there, I'm kinda new to Doom mapping, it'd be greatly apprecciated if you could help me with some problems I'm having building my maps: 

1) I'm trying to have a mirror on the wall where the red texture is (I have no idea why a red texture is showing btw, there is a mirror there), now for some weird reason if I look at that section from a far it looks like the first screenshot, red texture, not a mirror, but if I get on the stairs and look at it there's a mirror, not a red texture, what's going on? what am I doing wrong? also there is a weird ''reflective'' transparent thing going on where it shouldn't be (it's parallel to the library instead of being on the wall) when I look at it from a distance, dunno if you can gather it from the first screenshot: 

NqTccWj.png

kWQ6bjC.png

2) How do I get a middle texture in the middle of a wall horizontally? I know how to use middle textures to build fences and stuff like that but I have no idea how to have walls made up of multiple textures, I have seen in other wads that they do have walls with different textures and patterns but I have no idea how to achieve that. 

3) Is there a way to have a level end only when you have cleared the map of every single monster present in it? If so, how? 

cheers

Edited by Kafelnikov

Hello there! I just see you post and I wanted to create small boxy demo map, but spent about hour for this... and make it more complexity...

I realy can't understand what is wrong with mirrors. I was check few expirements, but all OK. I create a demo-installation in one of walls, to demonstrate of using middle-textures (if I understang right that is you mean). And if you kill all monsters on this map, you can exit through the second door. It realised by a very simple ACS script (F10 to see).

Hope, It will be usefull.

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png  DemoMap (for Kafelnikov).zip

Oh man, that's great! thank you sooo much for the script.

As for the walls, I meant having a different texture in the middle of it horizontally, I dunno if that can be done, probably not. It can be done when the surfaces of the wall are different like in the screenshot below , but I wanted to do it on an uniform wall..anyway it's not that important.

db1.jpg

You could make the recession in the wall only one unit thick, and then use a midtexture on the front line of that recession, and make the front line impassable.