Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marlamir

My first midi

I allways want to make my own midi but i never push my self to do it, until now. I bought one sequencer program and made this without any help or looking on tutorial. I was sitting, playing with program and trying to make something until i came up with this. I wanna know if this midi is good start or i can forget about being midi composer. So what you think?

Sorry for english

test-mid.zip

space odysey.mid.zip

rock test.mid.zip

Edited by Marlamir

Thank you. Here is my second midi i made today and i need to say i'm happy how is turned out.

Can i get some feedback?Thank you

(I fix the big mistake i wrote srry for that)

space odysey.mid.zip

Edited by Marlamir

Its ok , not that bad . But I think if you practiced composing midi , trying out different techniques and more efficient ways to blend music , the outcome would be a much better result . In my opinion , its quite good for a beginner , you still need practice , try listening at other midis and try to take something from them. I really think you have potential for the kind of stuff , the more practice  the better the outcome heh ?

It is extremely unlikely for someone unfamiliar with music to write a good song on their very first attempt, so if you practice a lot and listen to a lot of music from other composers, you'll get better over time.

Some specific comments:

Test - It's dissonant and the instrument choice is weird.  Reminds me of the music from Gateworld by Homebrew Software, actually...
Space Odyssey - The song is too long.  It doesn't need to be 5 minutes when literally nothing changes in those 5 minutes.
Rock Test - This does not sound like "rock" music to me.  It sounds like, uh, "Gateworld" music.

Some more advice:  Try to add more variation and melodies to make tracks less repetitive.  Currently, the tracks use sets of measures of clashing notes copy-pasted too many times.  Compare those tracks to, say, The Demon's Dead from DOOM II.  While that track's main riff repeats throughout, the whole song still manages to be interesting to listen to by having an intro and progression, and by varying the instrument sounds and drums.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666

8 hours ago, A7MAD said:

you still need practice , try listening at other midis and try to take something from them. 

Thank you very much for your feedback @A7MAD. The only problems i have right now is learning virtual instruments. I quite well understand how this sequencer program work at what to do but i didn't make good progress vith instruments, learning them vill be pain in ass for me.

5 hours ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

Rock Test - This does not sound like "rock" music to me.  It sounds like, uh, "Gateworld" music.

Thank you very much for your feedback and for great advices. Yeah it was supossed to be rock but i still suck hardly with instruments so it turned out to this veird something :-). Anyway thank you again.

Thanks both for feedback again, you helping me a lot now I'm trying to improve my self by analyzing other midis and hope i will sucess in learning these virtual instruments.

Have great day and sorry for english