Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Niya

Pixel Painter - Small program to recolour sprites.

9 hours ago, Niya said:

Slade's recolouring feature was too limited

What version did you try? There are currently five different remapping modes that you can combine.

48 minutes ago, Gez said:

What version did you try? There are currently five different remapping modes that you can combine.

Slade 3.1.2.

And yea, I've explored all the different colouring modes. I'm 90% sure it's because I can be a bit dense, but I just couldn't figure out how to use them properly. Maybe Slade can do what I needed but I just wanted something a lot simpler and faster. The HSL recolouring tools that Photoshop and GIMP provides was simple enough for me to understand so I based my program on that. Slade's is too complicated for me. All I want to do is remap a set of colours onto another set of colours in a large color space and be able to do it to multiple images in less than a minute. GIMP did it EXACTLY the way I wanted but couldn't apply it to multiple images without me learning some serious voo-doo.

I'm not saying my app is better than Slade, GIMP or Photoshop. It's made tailored to a very specific need, the need to recolour a set of similar images very very quickly. I focused everything on simplicity and quickness.