making some weird adlib-y DOS music

totally lost track of DOOM for a while but it occurred to me the music I was thinking about right now might appeal to a few Doomers. thinking a lot about the ambient-ish RPG soundtracks that were knocking around at the beginning of the nineties and my own game based on them

I've been recording videos on my own showing how I track them so this might double as a crude introduce to tracking and ADSR patching and blah bah.

here are two videos which will probably vanish from twitch in a few days cos I have no followers whatsoever :))

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200910103

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/188092433

the sound you hear in the background is an old YAMAHA keyboard with its own OPL presets. I'm committed to teh nascent PC music era I guess. apologies for their annoyingly slow nature, I'm both thinking and wrestling with an old interface :))

Edited by yakfak

3 hours ago, yakfak said:

I have no followers

Now you have one. Perhaps i'll catch your stream next time.

Not very familar with  MS-DOS trackers but i was toying around with Delta Music on my Amiga as a kiddo. What tracker you're working on btw?

1 person likes this

it's called Faust Music Creator! my friend made a tutorial for this one which is why I prefer it. The main drawback is that it only opens eight channels (adlib gold really supported nine) but I can't say I'm missing the extra note.

Maybe you should use Adlib Tracker 2 if you want all the channels, from what I can tell it seems like most people think it is the best program for adlib music creation as well

^ good call

the difference between the programs is that I know how to use FMC whereas eliciting sound out of adtrack2 seems like a herculean feat to me :))))