Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacodemon345

Scoredoom 3.0 source?

Hello,I'm a new user

I'm looking for the source code of scoredoom 3.0.but I can't find one

Can someone give me the source code? Link for the source code available at the scoredoom.com is dead.

(Sorry if I am breaking the forum rules)

The source code of GZScoreDoom and ScoreDoomST is found on Github, it is just kind of hidden in ScoreDoom's own forums. This link will have the pages for GZScoreDoom, ScoreDoomST, and the High Score Server for the source ports.

https://github.com/ddraigcymraeg

Thanks

How to compile?

Edit: I managed to compile it successfully using visual studio 2005

Anyways, could someone revive this source port?

Edited by Cacodemon345

ScoreDoom's online leaderboards is still being hosted and can still be updated if you got a good enough score, so it's more that there isn't any interest to update it, only just maintain the online score part of the source port. The forums there isn't active of course, but the author behind the source port is still around, just not always.

http://www.scoredoom.com/forum/

I can't say a revival is needed for ScoreDoom seeing that it can pretty much play most custom levels out there, although it would be interesting to play more modern mods with ScoreDoom's scoring system, although some like MetaDoom added their own so I guess even that can be a bit conflicting unless someone makes a patch for mods with their own scoring system to be compatible with ScoreDoom's scoring system.

Hey Cacodem345. I'm the dev, yeah no problem with porting the add-on and bonus packs, thanks for doing that. Virtually everything in there was from realm667 and other zdoom wads. As far as compiling the source code, glad you got it to work. I'm no longer working on the mod, but there was a Russian guy who was supposedly going to port it to zandronum/latest gzdoom, but never took off. I would say the first/biggest thing I would do with the code, is to either implement the newer MAPINFO format, or not implement it at all, since newer wads that have the newer MAPINFO format need to have the lump removed to have them work with scoredoom. There is a lot more that can be achieved I believe in modern zdoom/gzdoom without changing source code, so moving changes into zscript/decorate/acs would be what I would focus on. Some of the changes in the mod would still need to remain in source-code to support all features. Scoredoom supports competitive co-op too as gzscoredoom or scoredoomst. Virtually all changes in the source code from gzdoom (or skulltag) have "GHK" as comments nearby.

I check the forums on scoredoom.com occasionally and will reply there. The forums got accidentally wiped recently when I was clearing out spam :P

5 hours ago, BilboHicks said:

there was a Russian guy who was supposedly going to port it to zandronum/latest gzdoom, but never took off.

I am the only person to port it to GZDoom.

It involved removing bossrush stuff.The Devastation rune would be zandronum only, so I removed it.

Edit:I replaced all A_CustomMissileSD references with standardized A_CustomMissile.

That bug is probably fixed in modern G/Zdoom.

Edited by Cacodemon345

5 hours ago, BilboHicks said:

glad you got it to work

It involved installing nasm 0.99 in a virtual machine running Windows XP and visual studio 2005.

The wadsrc folder that you included in the src code seems to be taken from GZDoom 1.0.29, so I had to use gzscoredoom.pk3 from Scoredoom binary to make it run with GZScoredoom.